RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. I'm about to buy an '02 warrior that I think is one of the coolest bikes I've ever seen. My only reservation is my height. I fully expect to need forwards, but can someone tag in (who's tall) and give me a heads up on their experience. Thanks

Forgot to tell, I go about 6'4"

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm 6'3" and the warrior is my first cruiser. It feels like a couch compared to my Suzuki SV1k. I have no issues with the foot position and have no intention of getting forward controls. From reading the forums, I think that there are others that are 6'+ and are fine with the foot position.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm 6'4" and stock foot controls. I find the position to be fine, though I would like hiway bars or something similar to throw my legs out over on long rides. I would consider replacing the handle bars first, before forward controls. Good luck on your purchase and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
165 Posts
6'4" here, with a 35" inseam, I was decently comfortable with the stock controls, but I got kind of uncomfortable on longer rides because of a bum knee. I put on the lightening performance 3" extensions and it made it a ton more comfortable and a lot easier to relax on the highway, it made a way bigger difference than I expected. I now have the Supreme Legends controls on the way from Phat's because I wanted better looking controls, hope to see them next week.

Just do what I did if you're not really comfortable and want more leg room and put on the Lightening Performance extensions until you can justify the price of controls, or just keep the extensions if you don't want aftermarket controls. Heck my extensions will be off and sitting in their box within the next couple weeks[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif].

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm 6'4" and have no complaints about the stock control's location. So I would echo's corrosiv's response that the warrior "feels like a couch." Then again, my past experience has all been on sport bikes.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
300 Posts
I let a friend ride mine last monday. He's 6'2" and had no complaints about control placement or the bars. It's an 02 with TT bars and is lowered.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just get it and go to phats and get a set of foward controls. I am 6'2" and they feel great, kinda funny my folks just rode down here and my dad who is about 5'6" could not even reach my pegs! Sorry dad no test ride! Enjoy!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts