RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow stripped the threads inside the left side lever holder. I’m hoping the mirror is still usable but I had to order a new holder. Anyone have a link to a video or detailed instructions on the process of changing the holder?
Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
8,694 Posts
No link or video by this writer :( but the part in question is called the Clutch Perch and not a difficult job to R&R unless you have internal wiring on the handle bars.

IMO the most difficult task is going to be removing the LH Grip that is cemented in place with adhesive depending upon if it's OEM or aftermarket. I suspect there is lots of stuff on the www to look at for this task! I used a very thin flat bladed screw driver and compressed air to remove the OEM grip after removing the chrome plastic cap.

You'll need to split the switch box housings too. It's best to loosen the Bottom screw 1st and then the top that's metal to metal. The clutch perch should slide off w/o difficulty after you loosen the screw else open it up slightly with a tapered tool.
  • Doesn't hurt to MARK or Identify the position of the component parts to aid in reassembly.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it’s all stock so no internal wiring, didn’t realize I’d have to take the grip off. That sucks.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to make sure we are on the same page. I’m talking about the piece the clutch lever is attached to. The mirror stripped out the internal threads. You think the switch and grip needs to come off?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never mind I see now that it does have to fully come off. Oof maybe time for bar end mirrors haha.

·
Premium Member
8,694 Posts
^^^
You'll find bar end mirrors to be more difficult & challenging on the Warrior with the stock bars

Bottom line there are plug welded bar end weights on the OEM bars so you'll need a Dremel tool or equiv to remove the weld etcetera :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts