RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
The Mustang seat I was hoping to get from my local Yamaha shop was given to me today. I am really appreciative and said so.
Now I knew I would have to mod something up so it would fit. Now if any of you gentlemen have modded anything like this seat, I would like to read your thoughts

·
Registered
56 Posts
That seat looks comfortable, but i doubt you´ll find an easy way to mount it on a Warrior. The Drag Star (Vstar 1100) is a totally different bike.
I´ve never heard of anyone that has done this, but everything should be possible:)

I hope someone chimes in with a solution for you.

Send pictures when finished.

·
Administrator
28,155 Posts
+1 agree, the VStar1100 seat is a bolt-down with a different hard-pan profile. The pan will quickly stress and crack with rider weight applied.

Sell it on a Vstar1100 forum: vstar 1100 forum - Google Search

Get the Mustang 75871 Vintage Tour seat set for '02-'03 Warriors which has no studs, the same seat with studs was also made but I don't know that part number.

·
Registered
556 Posts
i for one wish it were possible though..... the one thing i really miss about my Dragstar 1100 is the seat..
I could ride that for hrs on end.. i'd only get a sore ass after 700 or so kms.. the GF really liked the pillion seat too..

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Peter, that’s why I selected the set as other 1100 riders said the same as you. However after advice I have to come up with another plan. I just got 2 quotes for secondhand Warrior seats for over $500 here in Oz, way out of my price range.

·
Registered
556 Posts
holly poop mate.. for that kinda cash you can get a brand new Corbin seat (i think)
those are pretty highly regarded (never tried one myself) and their site lists em as available

anywho.. gl gettin it sorted.. i'm curious what you come up with

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only reason I don’t get a seat or tank from the States is shipping alone is $415.13. Latest news is I have found a guy about 3 hours from here that can do me a biscuit seat for around $150. If I can find a picture of the one he sent I’ll put it up in my gallery.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Christie, yes that was my first thought however, the only two upholstery that do bike seats aren’t taking orders until at least 2021. Seems like Everyman and their dog are getting their seats done. I have come across a biscuit seat for a good price, so I’ll got that way.

·
Registered
287 Posts
@ Stryder: you have a pic mounted to the bike ?

@ Christok: that sounds interesting. Every guidance on this is appreciated.
I am plannng to lower the seat as much as I can. This mod first, before I choose handle bars. They offer plates in different sizes, which you can form using a hot air blower. Somebody already tried those ?
My 650 has almost no seat, just some layers of cardboard, a piece of thin soft foam plus a cover, all together 0.5 inch max. The plate is matching the space between the frame there. This might not be possible for the Beast, because the dry break to under seat tank is highest point and already on that level. Maybe to cut a hole into the plate to make it happen ?

And YES, it is nothing for a comfortable road trip, but fits my needs with the bikes 🤘 :p

·
Premium Member
7,693 Posts
If you have a stock seat for your Warrior it is easiest just to modify the stock seat. You can use the pan as it already has all you need with respect to the brackets. You can get rid of teh foam that is already there and use some higher density foam along with gel and or memory foam. this will make your seat a lot thinner and as such loqer. You can also reshape the back support as well to let you sit lower in the saddle. Here is one link to a seat remake Rcoligan2's diy seat remake

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@ Stryder: you have a pic mounted to the bike ?

@ Christok: that sounds interesting. Every guidance on this is appreciated.
I am plannng to lower the seat as much as I can. This mod first, before I choose handle bars. They offer plates in different sizes, which you can form using a hot air blower. Somebody already tried those ?
My 650 has almost no seat, just some layers of cardboard, a piece of thin soft foam plus a cover, all together 0.5 inch max. The plate is matching the space between the frame there. This might not be possible for the Beast, because the dry break to under seat tank is highest point and already on that level. Maybe to cut a hole into the plate to make it happen ?

And YES, it is nothing for a comfortable road trip, but fits my needs with the bikes 🤘 :p
Thommy, it turns out that the guy selling the biscuit seat knows more about my Warrior than I do as he had done work on it for the previous 2 owners. I did learn one thing over the phone ( other than I can’t afford the other two seats that will fit mine ) is that the bike has already been lowered. So I’m riding down to the Gold Coast tomorrow to pick up the seat. Will furnish pics when I get back.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Looks pretty similar to stock, or am I wrong ? Same height ?
Nevertheless, the color of stitches and the pattern matches the color of the bike 👍

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All I know is the seat that was on it wasn’t the seat for the 05. If money was no object I would have got either one of these.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts