RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frustrated here with broken leg, have plenty of new bling for bike to install but leg doesn’t cooperate. Removed PCV and now just running Ivan’s flash , doesn’t run as well and starts harder, want to reconnect and maybe diff map. Bike running too rich I think , likes to pop even with PCV .
Anyway I just wanted to make a new post and say something different, I’ve read all the posts here over the last few weeks since we shelterEd in place and it’s kinda getting old

·
Administrator
29,221 Posts
Hang in there. Let the leg heal well, meanwhile you can doodle around reading and deciding what you want to do to the bike. The Ivans mod should get rid of all or almost all pop. Mine does not pop. Never. The fuel manager is very slightly rich, and the ECU bump is set to cover low rpm. All my ECU bump info is housed in my bike tab data sheet (sigpic link). I played with settings back then, while on mountain roads. Got it set by fiddling.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Bike running too rich I think , likes to pop even with PCV .
FYI - Pops out the exhaust pipe are usually a symptom of lean, not rich. Or a leak in the exhaust (any chance you took the exhaust off recently and didn't use new crush washers?) Just some thoughts.

I hope the leg heals 100% for you.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Imo..bike runs best with the stock exhaust, Ivan's reflash, ethanol free regular gas, NGK Irridium plugs.. full synth 4t 20/50w oil. Zero popping ( didn't do the block off kit) . Was riding earlier this week..strong 120mph...and still pulling hard. No way in **** I am doing anything to this bike.. runs awesomely!

·
Registered
398 Posts
On standard fuel with claps at low revs it real in stock. Without PCV, it use to hold 120 miles per hour. Hard but its true. Need to be strong opposite the wind. No windshield. Do it or rest on a low speed with a cigar and full fairing)) But it is possible. With a stock can ecology is less visible))) And the figure 120mph on the stock warrior is easily achievable. You need do nothing at all.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FYI - Pops out the exhaust pipe are usually a symptom of lean, not rich. Or a leak in the exhaust (any chance you took the exhaust off recently and didn't use new crush washers?) Just some thoughts.

I hope the leg heals 100% for you.
Funny you should say that, I posted up last summer about the popping and got a similar answer. I said no way it’s the exhaust, guess what , only had 2 bolts holding it on , That’s TWO bolts. What the heck ! I thought the rattle from the VH Sweepsters were from the heat shields . I had to order up new VH dogbones and bought all new gaskets , deformed locking style nuts and locking wedge washers. Should never come loose, I cannot imagine the severity of accident if those last 2 bolts came out on the freeway . Anyway bike still likes to pop/backfire but not nearly as bad. I did the block off plate , churchkey vstacs , coils and wires when I did pipes and Ivan’s back in 2015. After all work was done I had it dyno tuned with the PCV in place.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Pulled off the blankets today, might drag my broken leg this weekend and wax the tank, maybe reconnect the PCV .

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like I double posted how do I delete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts