RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is normal but being a fuel injected engine I wasn't sure if it should do this. Also I don't remember it doing it when I brought it home. From Idle rapidly twist the throttle and there is a little stumble almost like a bog before the engine races. If I give it a slight twist and then a rapid twist no problems it only happens from idle. Is this normal or do I need to let the stealership look at it? Thanks for your input on this.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Arizona Warrior said:
What year bike, how many miles, are you the original owner, does it do it only when cold or even when warm?

Sorry, I guess that info would have helped. It is an 07, 620 miles, I am the only owner, and it does it both cold and when it is warmed up.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,724 Posts
Its still a virgin. Not broken in yet. Keep the rpm's up and it'll settle down in awhile. Don't let it lug.

One tip, be sure the WARM idle is within specs. Some dealer techs set it cold because they are on a timetable.

Engine Idle Speed: Warm 850-950rpm with clean filters and plugs. It'll fluctuate its a V2 but IMO higher in the range is better.

semperfit said:
Sorry, I guess that info would have helped. It is an 07, 620 miles, I am the only owner, and it does it both cold and when it is warmed up.

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
It a normal condition because of the injection. Wicking the throttle off idle will cause a bog or stumble & sometimes a backfire through the throttle bodies.

As stated: set the idle when the engine is hot minimum 900, I like 950 & add throttle easy off idle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts