RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Im a real newbie and need the experts advice. How do I safely remove all the lame warning stickers on my bike? Will a hair dryer work? I dont have a propper heat gun. Thanks, BEN

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Just get the stickers warm and use your fingernail to peel them off. If they are breaking apart, you need to use a little more heat. After you get them off, clean the area real good and put on fresh wax. Congrats, you got the mod bug. Sorry, its not curable, but you can control it with lots of money [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]. Next thing to do after sticker removal is the mud flap chop and show off the rear tire. Last of the free mods.....

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I used a fingernail. It took a while but I am a patient man...... NOT

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Allsmiles

Last of the free mods.....

Now only I could find out a way to do the 108 kit as a "free mod"[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]. One of these days.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
A paint scraper works too... if you are looking forward to do the inivitable paint mod.

[/emoticons/emotion-3.gif)]

Oh yeah...
Welcome to the modness.

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
I'm with JimB.....my wife bitches so much mine just left and went to the bar! My other method requires the use of an old Flamethrower!

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
My wifes "ConAir" did the trick even in the middle of winter. First the gas tank, then the tire pressure, and lastly the "Y" "A" "M" "A" "H" "A" behind the seat.

·
Registered
580 Posts
quote:Originally posted by JimB

I just had my wife yell at em. They came right off.

lmao...hair dryer and finger nails. Sticker gets nice and soft and finger nails don't scratch. WD40 for the residue

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hair dryer will make them come right up. WD40 will get off all that sticky stuff and then a little wax to clean it all up.

·
Registered
173 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jayridgerunner

Don't forget the free seat strap mod

I left mine on. Works great for holding my sun glasses once the sun goes down. That way they don't get smashed in my pocket. [8D]

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Hibs

quote:Originally posted by jayridgerunner

Don't forget the free seat strap mod

I left mine on. Works great for holding my sun glasses once the sun goes down. That way they don't get smashed in my pocket. [8D]

Not taking my strap off...use it to carry a ball cap for the dreaded helmet hair[^]. Slip the bill under it..stays put!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I found a plastic razor blade that works great without scratching, and rubbing alcohol usually takes off the glue boogers without damaging the finish. As they say, "Test in an inconspicuous place first." I'm amazed anyone keeps the stock seat, if people seem to like it I'll put mine on eBay. I say get rid of the strap when you get rid of the seat. On the other hand, I live in 'Corbinville, USA' (Hollister, CA) so one Saturday morning trip to the factory resulting in a test drive with a Corbin loaner convinced me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I peeled mine off with my fingernail & got all the sticky crap off very easily with Eucalyptus oil - but maybe thats an Aussie thing.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I don't know weather I broke the stock seat in or it broke me in, but I quite like it now. That and it's still the best looking seat out there. I was at bike night last night and a guy admireing my bike asked if it was the stocker and commented on what a great looking seat it was. I'm sure there's some more comfortable seats out there, but some of them are sure UGLY.
quote:Originally posted by RSWPilot

I found a plastic razor blade that works great without scratching, and rubbing alcohol usually takes off the glue boogers without damaging the finish. As they say, "Test in an inconspicuous place first." I'm amazed anyone keeps the stock seat, if people seem to like it I'll put mine on eBay. I say get rid of the strap when you get rid of the seat. On the other hand, I live in 'Corbinville, USA' (Hollister, CA) so one Saturday morning trip to the factory resulting in a test drive with a Corbin loaner convinced me.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
The hotter you get it, up to a point, the more glue you'll peel off with the sticker. That's why a heat gun is preferable. In addition to the other fluids mentioned, finger nail polish remover works quite well on any adhesive residue.

Stock seat is damned good looking and even fairly comfortable after it's been shaved.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts