RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went and had a look at my subscriptions page to try and find something. On finding about 1000 subscriptions I have started trying to clear them down. This process has given me a few ideas that would help with this sort of task:

1. It would really help to have a few extra columns with info such as 'subscription date'. Sorting would be really good.
2. It would help if you could select many items then click a button saying 'unsubscribe'.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Good idea oly. 2 weeks ago it took me an hour to click and return and click and etc, on all the old subscriptions. I would have loved being able to check a box on all the old archived ones with no title. Then it would have been a two minute job.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
I've never used the subscriptions, I get enough junk mail. All you have to do is come here every day and spend 2 - 4 hours on the site and you won't need subscriptions anymore. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The subscriptions bit is vital for me, most of the time when I'm looking at the forums every one else is sleeping so I need the email notifications to tell me whats been going on.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I was working on this all day today. I have a working page, but I submitted it to some other forum development people to double check the security and bugs.

I am hoping to have a better page up and running this week.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh, another little idea on subscriptions: I would like to be automatically subscribed to topics that I start and all topics I reply on. These would be cool options to go in each users profile.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
quote:Originally posted by oly

Oh, another little idea on subscriptions: I would like to be automatically subscribed to topics that I start and all topics I reply on. These would be cool options to go in each users profile.

That isnt going to happen.

·
Registered
826 Posts
to further that note... I am a member of another site that automatically notifies you when someone posts to a topic you have posted to, BUT it only does it one time. That way if you are on three or four topics, you will only get one email per topic. After you visit the site again. it resets and will again notify you a single time that topics you posted to have another post. I've stopped using subscriptions here because if you subscribe to an active topic, you may get 20-30 emails letting you know people have posted. I like the way that feature of that site works. Just my .02.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I have no problem make some changes to the forum code, but re-writing major components of how it works is not something I am going to do. Reason being, that when a new version does come out I would then have to modify the new version! As it stands the fourms are already heavily modified by myself and an upgrade will take me a lot of time.

The changes I made to the subscriptions is just about all I can do.

Like Sangathor said, keep up with topics by going to the Active Topics page www.rswarrior.com/forums/active.asp

CarKnee

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I uploaded the new subscription manager. (link up top in yellow) If everyone could clean up their subscriptions it would be appreciated.

CarKnee

1 - 20 of 20 Posts