RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The FAQ's indicate that if I want to "subscribe" to a topic/folder/etc. that I just click on the subscription ICON or the link near the top of the page.

I don't see 'em!! Has this feature been discontinued?

Thanks!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave, that would certainly explain why!! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

quote:Originally posted by Warrior_Dave

Yes....Its only available in the Ride Club sections now

Dave

·
Registered
76 Posts
Man, subscriptions sure would be nice. This is the only forum I use that doesn't support them. /emoticons/emotion-6.gif

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
quote:Originally posted by pbennett

Man, subscriptions sure would be nice. This is the only forum I use that doesn't support them. /emoticons/emotion-6.gif

They used to......I dont think they want to use the bandwith to support them. When there were only 3000 members, the subscription thing worked. However, as the forum grew the subscriptions started slowing down the site.

Thats why they got rid of them. Just use the link to the active topics when you come to the site, then you will see all the posts since the last time you signed on. Thats what I do, and its a great compromise.

As far as trying to guilt the admin into reintroducing the subsciption feature. Thats already been attempted multiple times over the last 3 1/2 years since the feature was discontinued without success [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif].

Dave

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well, if I wanted to guilt him into it, I'd just say the V-Rod 1130cc forum has subscriptions. If Hardley riders can get subscriptions, why can't we? /emoticons/emotion-5.gif
Having to find your way back to the last post you read in the umpteen threads you're following is pretty difficult. I frequently lose track of threads as a result.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
This forum software is very antiquated. Subscriptions put a very heavy load on the forum, and as others have said, slowed it to a crawl.

I do have the license for the new forum software now, but it is a matter of time before gets migrated. Subscriptions will be enabled with it as well.

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
Sean, you do remember the last time the site changed, right? lol. We are creatures of habit and don't like change. I still havn't gotten used to the white format, strains me tired ol' peepers.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
The next version of the site will have a much better forum, but some of the other sections will be gone for good. The missing features are why I haven''t upgraded yet... I don't want to get overwhelmed with coplaints again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts