RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up guys! I have a 09 midnight warrior! I bought it without having a rear passenger seat and don’t want to deal with the hassle of getting all the parts I need to find and install one. Has anyone put those suction cup rear seats on? I haven’t heard bad things was just seeing which ones you guys have bought if any? Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
28,201 Posts
Nice hot rod, welcome aboard!

Would you feel comfortable trusting your spouse or child on one?

In the Documentation forum is a section with pics and parts views for things that differ between model year. One of the attachments is the seats for 2002-2003 and the seats for 2004-2010. There is a bolt-on loop toward the rear of the fender to hold the back of the passenger seat. And there is a bracket to hold the front of the passenger seat. Have a look.

Then, you can go to any Yamaha or dealer website and bring-up oem parts. Browse to your model year. Then find the seats, then view the drawing for the bracket and/or loop you need (get the fasteners too). Then scroll down for the part numbers list.

Its worth it just for peace of mind!

Also, the 2004-2010 passenger seats come up for sale here all the time. Most times the prices are real good.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Arizona has put you in the right direction with regards to a pillion seat. My quirky mind tells me that a suction pillion seat would be like an ejection seat lol.

·
Premium Member
7,699 Posts
There are no problems with suction cup seats as long as you buy the good ones like a phantom pad or a buttybuddy. One member has reported The butty buddy to be very comfortable and much more comfortable than the stock passenger seats. I have run a phantom pad on the back of my chopper with no issue from any of the passengers. The suction cup seat is way safer than some of our members who run a solo seat without a fender and when you try to take one of the suction cup seats off you will see that they stick very well. Motorcycle Seats by ButtyBuddy, Best Motorcycle Seat Pads & Cushions

1 - 4 of 4 Posts