RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CarKnee - just a suggestion - and if I am off on any of this, let me know.

1. From the gallery page I have frequently seem modification ideas that I want to get more information on, but the only way to get in touch with the bike owner is to go back to the home page, go to the forum, select "members" and do a search for the bike owner - then send a message. Is it possible to add a feature to the gallery to have the option to view the owners profile directly when you are looking at his/her bike? You could put a "sign in" option to keep it limited to members - similar to eBay when you place a bid after viewing an item - you have to be signed in. Click the owners bike, view his gallery. From there, maybe an option that says "View Owners Profile" - requiring that you are signed in. The profile has the email address.
Does this make sense?

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I see what your saying... Sounds good!

One little problem with that is that the Gallery was custom written by me, and the FOrums is "off the shelf"...

It will need some work, and I have been realy busy with my 9-5 job! I have been able to do anything this week.

I am sure I could work somethig out, just not in the immediate future (this week, or next)

CarKNee

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No rush - take all the time you need up until 6pm Friday.

Seriously - AWESOME work on this site. I am amazed at how fast word is traveling about the rswarrior forum. I have been to the Delphi site, and have read the previous "controversy" - I would say without a doubt that the format, layout, content, and people here are a step above the others at this site. I found it to be more mindless babble from a select group of self inflated premadona's than helpful information. Members here know their bikes, know their limits - and above all, give their time to make everyones bikes better and their rides safer.
(I better stop, I'm sounding like a commercial....)

Long and short? Keep up the great work. As a novice rider, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
A little update...
After the boss left early today I was able to look at some stuff!

The MyWarrior / Gallery area was created using a separate database, this would be a major performance problem. I will have to shut down the My Warrior section for some of tomorrow, assuming I can get to it, while I move/upgrade the database to the Forums database. I will also need to start working on the new My Warrior section for the updated database, and a new security system.

Once the above has been completed I will be able to link the gallery page to member details, PM'ing and such! This will also allow me to do some other things I want to do with the forums!

And finally,
Once this is all complete I will continue finishing a project that I think you will all like! It's gonna be good!

CarKnee.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
While you are doing all this flipping around, could you possibly move the Gallery text only button from the bottom to the top of the page. I like this text only feature because I generally flip to that and check out who has new photos posted. That or maybe have two Gallery buttons on the mainpage, Text, and Thumbnail. This option may relieve some of the stress on your servers, since they wouldn't have to shoot out thumbnails to everyone.

Other than that, keep up the good work. This site keeps me writing so now that I have hit Virago status. Yee Haw!

John

·
Registered
201 Posts
quote:Originally posted by taiwanjohn
This site keeps me writing so now that I have hit Virago status. Yee Haw!

John

Show off! [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
11 Posts
CarKnee, Im new to this forum ,just like to say what an excellent job you've done with the site ,entertaining,imfomative and fun. Im amazed by the amount of participation on a daily basis from everyone. It sounds like alot of work on your part ,the new ideas sound good.
Thanks and keep up the good work!
Warcryz

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Taiwan John...
How about bookmarking it, or add it to your favorites? Throwing that text up top will kinda ruin the look.

Thanks All!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I suppose I could do that. It's just, It's just that your site is so awesome, I hate to surf away from it, even to hit the favorite button[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

TJ

·
Registered
132 Posts
carknee, i was just wondering if u ever thought of having a place where if iam using this sight , i can talk to the other people using this sight at the same time? kinda like a chat room for members of this forum, that would be real cool, just an idea, later

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Hey guys...
Try to keep the requests in one place for me. Please put them in the Features Request topic.

A chat room is not in my plans right now. However, I will look into it.

Thanks,
CarKnee

·
Registered
683 Posts
FHC347 actually that could be done now if you have msn messenger or aim.it is a good idea though.not being as computer savvy as some here are i would think that running a chat and running the forum at the same time could pull resources from the forum possibly slowing it down.as i said i am not too computer savvy but there are alot of im resources available already.maybe the simplest answer might be to compile the names of people on their respective services in 1 area so they could be added to your buddie lists.i rarely run those services myself but that would change in light of talking to other forum members.i used to run game voice while talking to my brother in denver we would play diablo 2 for hours bsing by voice the entire time.and that was pretty slick.
just my opinions

1 - 14 of 14 Posts