RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching around for a decent pair of sunglasses now for a few years without spending $200. Last summer I went to the local bike night and the Sunglass Guys had a stand there with some nice motorcycle sunglasses, but unfortunately I didn't have enough cash on hand to buy a pair. A few weeks later I remembered to check the website and I ended up buying the Hero 24 PhotoChromic glasses for $60.

The glasses are great, they are yellow which makes them great for riding after sunset, but when its sunny out they tint. They also have a foam ridge around the edge to help keep the wind out of your eyes, which I have found to be a problem with some glasses I have used in the past. I am also an avid skier and I use the glasses then too for the same features.

Before I posted the product review I contacted the Sunglass Guys and asked if they would give me a coupon code for the site in case you guys want to get a pair for yourselves and Ray was nice enough to do just that. The coupon code "RSWARRIOR" is good for 10% off at their websitehttp://www.sunglassguys.com.

FYI...I already checked with Ed "Darkstar" before putting this post up, so thanks to Darkstar and Ray from Sunglass Guys. Hopefully some of you guys can take advantage of the discount.

Hero 24

8.14 KB

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
that's great Jeff - thanx! I am looking for a pair of yellow as well.
could you take some pics of it with the lens on full tint in the sunlight? I was wondering how dark they got and is it dark enough to help with the sun in the daytime?
Lot's of transition lens in the sunglasses market have the problem of not being light enough in the nighttime and not being dark enough in the day time...

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I just carry 2 pairs. both foam backed, but one pair is dark and the other is clear for night riding. get them at the local dealer for about $30 a pair. sorry I think I missed the point of the post. thanks for getting us a discount. next time I need a pair I will check there first.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll try to get some pics this weekend for ya.

quote:Originally posted by mdfdwarrior

that's great Jeff - thanx! I am looking for a pair of yellow as well.
could you take some pics of it with the lens on full tint in the sunlight? I was wondering how dark they got and is it dark enough to help with the sun in the daytime?
Lot's of transition lens in the sunglasses market have the problem of not being light enough in the nighttime and not being dark enough in the day time...

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Ive always liked these, the price is pretty steep though. Make a good bday gift for my big 35 sunday /emoticons/emotion-1.gif
http://oakley.com/pd/5217

·
Banned
830 Posts
motorace, looks like a great deal on some good glasses.

For me I use two pair, dark and clear. I also wear contact lenses so I wanted/needed something that sealer the eyes from wind and dust. I have found Panoptxs to be the best. Unfortunately they are costly and the customer service with the company could be a little better. But for my needs they are by fare the best.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Thanks Motorace for thinking of us. I've been looking for a good pair of transition glasses. My buddy rides in a pair and swears by them.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No problem...I really hope you guys can use it. This site has saved me a bundle in mods and advice over the last few years so I am happy I can contribute something back to the members and the forum other than just my yearly donation to the forum moderators.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts