RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to install a custom exhaust setup, which includes a tuneable SuperTrapp muffler, with removable discs (14 total). Does anyone know how the tuning works?

How do you get the most HP and Torque from the muffler? Will this rob all the sound?

I would imagine that in order to get anasty exhaust note, and great power, I will have to lose about half of the discs...

Any experienced advice with this would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I am mounting the muffler to a set of Speedstar 2-1 headers, removing the heatshields, and applying exhaust wrap to the pipes. Stainless Headers Mfg. made me a 321 s/s transition pipe to join the two, and I have the whole assembly clamped together and waiting to be installed. I will post photos when I'm done.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
I run a Supertrap also on my '02. The more plates you add the more power you gain. I say power but its more of a torque gain to hp loss ratio. No plates will allow the most hp but you will only get that in the upper rpm range. As you add the plates you create more back pressure gaining the torque. Its over all design is still a open exhaust so you dont lose but a pony or two with the additional plates but you gain almost 10% in torque (8 to 12 lbs.) Be sure to use the deflector plate that comes with it. It will keep the exhaust from blowing on your brake line. As far as the end cone you will be using the one that says for racing only, not for street use. If you use the open end cap and add the plates all you did was lengthen the pipe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts