RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright..so today I had an appointment with the Ortho Surgeon. Just a breif refresher because I wasn't a member then. Last June I was out on my Aprilia and I was hit by a hit and run driver. Had a sever concussion, foot was broken in three places and my collar bone was shattered...not to mention I was left in the ditch to die and noone happened to see anything. They never found the guy that hit me, nothing ever came of it. I got a nice helicopter ride and so on. Well. My foot and road rash as well as concussion healed up good. Unfortunately my collar bone has been trashed. It doesn't help that I've refused to quit riding since my dad passed away. I can't seem to stay away from my Warrior. Anyways, the surgeon told me today that every other option is out and now surgery is a must to reconstruct my clavicle. Looks like March or April is the time frame and I'll be off two wheels for at LEAST 4-5 MONTHS. I was able to talk him into waiting til March so I can make Bike week, it just sucks that I'm going to miss the best time of the year to ride. AT lease I live in Florida and can ride year round. Looks like Ruckus and KICKICE are gonna be tearin up the streets without me for a couple of months..

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
power to ya man! Ive heard about some of those maniac drivers down there in florida. someone once said that was some of the most pain in the butt riding because ofthe idiot driversand if it werent for the weather theyd have gone home..
best of luck on the surgery!

chris

·
Registered
19 Posts
OH NO!!!! You're gonna miss Bikefest in Leesburg.
. Hope the surgery goes well and your back in the saddle for Biketoberfest.

Chris

·
Registered
670 Posts
Thats a horrible story! Anyway good to hear that your alive and recovering. It could be worse. You could be in a wheel chair the rest of your life. Or worse. Up here in Minnesota we are forced to put our bikes away for 5 months a year. It goes by pretty quick though. Starts off slow, but before you know it, it's time to ride again. Good luck with the surgery.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
The wait time after surgery isn't too bad. I just had my L5-s1 vertibrae fused Feb 08. I was back at work within 3 weeks but it took several months before I could start riding again. After the wait the riding is outstanding since it has been a little while. Remember, just because you can't ride doesn't mean you can't work on your ride! Time to do those upgrades you have wanted to do but didn't want to park the bike long enough to do!!

Good luck with the surgery and healing!!

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Might of been some ol' blue who didn't even know they hit ya. I've crashed once, been cut off many times. As soon as I pull up to the car to flip the driver off it's someones Grandparents. What do you do? I'm glad to hear everything is mending nicely, except the c-bone. I'm always thankful that I can read these storys & you bro's aren't dead. You'll ride another day! Atleast you are in Florida, I have only rode once in the last 2 months
. Good luck man!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Wow! Sorry to hear this.

I road raced when I was a kid and fell down (as usual for racing) and I had one really good get off resulting in a cartwheel. Broke quite a few bones. But that was racing.

After 25 years on the street without an accident, i finally went down this past August. I was pushing my GSX-R1000 way tooo fast on a mountain road in VT. I knew the road well, but was flaying through a turn intending to put a knee down. Looking back it was a very stupid thing to do. I was only supposed to be riding at 7 tenths. I had full gear, but was only wearing jeans instead of leather pants zipped to my jacket.

Short story: Ran out of room leaning the bike over and touched my left knee down and the peg as well. Then the case cover and the side stand hit and that's when I lost traction....oops! Bike slid out and hit the guard rail (I said the whole thing was stupid right?) and I slid and hit the bike as the rear wheel hit the guard rail post. I got launched into the middle of the street. Tore my knee up bad and had major contusions to my ribs and a sprain in my spine as well as a bashed up elbow with some tears in my forearm skin (not cause the jacket failed, but it rotated and the tightening snap tore into my arm).

Bike totaled, I couldn't walk straight and use my right arm to good for about a month, but I had a good nurse to take care of me!!!!

I don't have any surgery coming up like you do. but i can relate. Crashing sucks especially if your crash free for may years. Even worse to hear some jackass did it to you. Mine was my own F-up. You my friend have every right to be PO-ed. I wish you all the best and hope the healing goes well and fast.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts