RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday Dwight, Trilby, Jay, Elaine, Martha, Scott and myself went to the Suzuki Big Kahuna's race at the VIR track in Virginia. The rain held off even though it was hotter than S$%^. [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

We met for breakfast at Mc Donalds and then headed off for the track. I guess it took somewhere around an 1 1/2 or so to get there. We had a blast on the way up and back. Martha is a wild woman! Darting in and out of traffic and pushing speeds in the double digits at times.[:0] We had a ball just trying to keep up with her!

The ride was very scenic and took us through some beautiful country. Very hilly with lots of old barns and fences outlining the landscape. The track itself was nice too.

We watched qualifying, walked around the place to check it out and then decided to go into town for some grub. Someone turned us onto a killer pizza joint. It was in a small down just up the road and reminded me of some place out of the past. It was old and somewhat small but the service was good and the pizza was off the hook! Oh and the beer was cold too. That counts for something, right? [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif] Dwight kept flashing his **** at everyone that rode bye. I think I'd wreck if he did that to me. Must have been the beer.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

After getting our bellys full we headed back to the track just in time to catch the first of two races. The action was as hot as the temperature. Man those guys can ride! I'd love to get out on the track and have a go at it on an R1! Scott says once you ride a sort bike on a track like that you don't ever want to ride on the highway again. I can imagine how cool it must be to run wide open and not have to worry about oncoming traffic or some idiot pulling out in front of you.

When the race ended a couple of guys on sportbikes put on a stunt show. If you've seen one you've seen 'em all but we watched it anyway.

Then we mounted up and headed home, after Martha found her bike that is. It seems someone had taken the liberty to relocate it for her since she left the steering unlocked.

It was getting late by the time I arrived at home and cool but it was a welcome relief from the days heat.

Anyway, we had a blast and I look forward to doing it again next year.

Here are some pics. Hope you enjoy them.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Heading out from Mc Donalds.

Scott showed up late for breakfast but we waited for him.

Nothing but open highway...

240...SWEEEEEET!

Not sure what class these two were racing in. LOL

Learn how NOT to ride a wheelie for just $20 bucks.

Dwight picking out his next ride...

...me picking out my next ride.

...decisions...decisions...

The pits.

The track.

Pizza and beer!

...and toys.

The deck we couldn't get on. Dammit!

The jumbotron. How'd you like this in your living room?

Looks like someone else has heard of the tail of the draon.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I had a great time in birthing class! Too bad you guys couldn't have been there! I did get some 3" control extensions today though!

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Thanks for all the pics JD, as usual they are most excellent[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Bo where is the love? Yep said it in words now its in pictures, what a great time we had. Sorry we missed all the pregnant ladies Heath , but we didn't do the deed we don't do the class. Gregg you are so RIGHT![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yes a great time was had by all. Just being able to get together as a group and spend a day doing what we enjoy riding and laughing great times with friends.....

Insert Image:

87.6KB

Insert Image:

65.52KB

Insert Image:

73.94KB

Insert Image:

82.12KB

Insert Image:

91.96KB

Insert Image:

67.87KB

I think this will be moved to the top of my to build project list for sure....

Insert Image:

61.98KB

Insert Image:

67.82KB
Some deep thought and concentration goin on....

Insert Image:

67.61KB

Insert Image:

74.15KB
Lunch break....

Insert Image:

74.15KB

Signature time....

Insert Image:

80.85KB

Insert Image:

69.45KB