RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Group,

New guy here...

I'm looking at Suzuki M109R and the Yamaha Warrior.

All feedback appreciated in advance! :)

Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
lol oh man you just opened up a can of worms. You should really make this decision yourself, check both forums, seewhat the feedback is and then you'll know....:)

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
intoit said:
lol oh man you just opened up a can of worms. You should really make this decision yourself, check both forums, seewhat the feedback is and then you'll know....:)

I agree.. depends on what your looking for and what your riding needs are.. I myself think the 109 looks stupid...I have other opinions, but I'll leave that up to someone else...the 109 forum has good info on it also...check it out...

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Welcome to the 4m . Im sure there will be no bias here.

I am not that familiar with the m109 but have heard some good and bad .

The biggest difference in the two bikes would be that the m109 of course has more HP and will take most Warriors in a straight line but if you like the mountain roads and other twistie roads , the Warrior will run circles around the m109. The m109 is a big pig in the corners but will fly in the straights.

IMHO the Warrior beats the m109 in looks and lines .Also if your into good exhaust sound , with a good set of pipes you can't beat the sound of a Warriorcompared to aftermarket pipes for the m109. Pipes on the m109 sound a little castrated to me . Youtube some Warrior and m109 sound bites and compare for yourself.

Last but not least , if you get a Warrior you can come to Warriorfest every year at Deals Gap and ride the Dragon.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Welcome to the forum, here's my two cents

I looked hard at the 109 and had only gave a brief glance at the Warrior (man what's with that hideous exhaust) The local dealer carriers all the metrics except Honda and the actually had the 109's and the Warriors right next to each other. The 109 feels massive in size compared to the Warrior, but the Warrior feels more solid. The 109 is also covered in plastics whereas the Warrior looks a little more the part IMO. Price point is similar, but you can find a screaming deal on a Warrior. In the end I wound up with the Warrior, I sat on it and it just fit me better than the 109. Horsepower and cornering abilities aside, for me personally the Warrior was the right bike, and I am stoked with it and the wealth of knowledge and cool ideas I've found at this site

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Based on what I've learned from owning a Warrior and what I've read looking into the M109 I'd probably still pick the Warrior again myself. It doesn't appear cheap like the M109 kind of does and although the additional HPs would be nice I don't use all of the Warrior's capabilities fully as it is anyway and I appreciate the feel and handling of the Warrior and don't believe the M109 could match it. Of course, I've never ridden an M109 though and only sat on them. It is my understanding that the Warrior is more customizable as well but that could change if the Warrior does actually die off and the M109 gains popularity. I could see it being a close call honestly and I'd consider either if the deal was right I guess.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I don't know what the aftermarketparts are being offeredon the M109, if your looking to customize that might be a deciding factor. I just preferred the the looks of the Warrior better, when I bought mine.

·
Registered
861 Posts
The M109R has a cheap feel to it. Rode my buddies, and it was very fast-very very fast, but didn't feel as good as the warrior. To me its like picking up some sunglasses at the gas station or buying a pair of oakleys. They both block the sun, but the quality feel is very important to me.Either of them are good, and 109 owners may say the same about the warrior. Also, i am not sure when they started making the 109, but the warrior haslike 7 or 8 years of refinement.Its the little things that make a big difference in the end. Personally, If i were going to get a differentsport/muscle cruiser it would be the VTX F. Cornering is not that important to me and those things are comfy.Get whatever feels good to you, and let us know what you decide either way.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Personally, I have never been a big fan of Suzuki cruisers, although, the M109 did catch my eye when I first saw it. From a distance it looks tough and cool, but when I got up close I was really disappointed. I sat on it, and felt like I was on top of a horse. The controls are too fancy-smancy, and that effin headlight... what's up with that? Everything's plastic, and there's just no real muscle in the structure.

I am a big fan of air cooled, push rod, loud as **** motorcycles. The warrior has it hands down in my book.

If you want towin in the straight lines, havea dealerinstall the 108-110 cu in options when you buy it, and run apples to apples against an M109. You can do so much to the Warrior to tap its power. They are very flexible. Way better lines too.

That's my Opinion.

·
Registered
926 Posts
If you feel uncomfortable whenstrangers tell you "nice bike!" or "thats a bad mo fo!" then you should get a M109r. That way you wont have to deal with all the compliments.

I agree 100% with every comment in this thread so far.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Looking for fast straight line cruiser - M109R.

Looking for good sound, look and handling - Warrior.

The only thing that I miss and the warrior hasn't got (while suzi does) is 250 rear tire. Although it doesn't "decorate" M109R, it just has to be there, because bike is very big and feels like a horse. And yes - too much plastic and ugly headlight.

it's about time for a stock 240, 150Hp and 9.000 rpm redline for a warrior god **** it!!!

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
antitech1 said:
If you feel uncomfortable whenstrangers tell you "nice bike!" or "thats a bad mo fo!" then you should get a M109r. That way you wont have to deal with all the compliments.

Couldn't agree with you more

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Didn't the M109 have some issues with the gearcases splitting? You may want to check into that and see if it's an issue. I think it was just on bikes ridden aggressivly.

The Warriors have a fewissues as well but a couple of recalls have cleared up most of the issues.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Biketoberfest is coming up in Daytona this month. Appears you live in Florida. I suggest you go to Daytona and make a stop at the Suzuki tent and the Yamaha tent, Ride both of them(the Bikes)and make a decision based on how each feel to your personal preferences.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Have never written a 109 but I do like the way they look. If I were you I would make my decision based on what I want in a bike. I sat on a 109 and it sat pretty good, did not feel top heavy to me but of course I am Superman so nothing feels heavy to me. What ever you choose be careful and post some pictures after you make your choice.

·
Registered
578 Posts
i gotta be honest i looked at the 109 myself. i actually like the headlight and the overall look of it. However IMHO the warrior looks better and from what i hear handles better (very important to me) . Also the warrior has sooooooo much potential power that can be untapped with just minor mods and you'll be able to keep up or even beat a 109 in the straights.

i'd like to race a 109 on my stockwarrior just to compare.

so i guess what i am saying is GET THE WARRIOR!!!!!!!!!!!! MIDNIGHT OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also if u get a warrior you get one more thing 109 owners don't get..............................advice from me

·
Registered
549 Posts
swisswarrior said:
Geralt said:
it's about time for a stock 240, 150Hp and 9.000 rpm redline for a warrior god **** it!!!

I'd like one please, except with the 200 tire

WTF the thing would Fly off the road. It would have to come in red and blue with a Cape and a big S on the Tank. Honestly if Yamaha did that they would elimniate at least2 of there bikes Aka the VMax and the Raider.

Back to the origional question the M109 Shifts Gears like a Tractor trailor with that shaft drive its not smooth at all. The Warrior is very smooth Not to mention if you pick one up on this 4M you can get one tricked out allready for about 7 to 8k that is half of what the M109 would be once you removed those ugly ass pipes. I would never buy a Warrior new this is such a Niche bike that the demand is up and down. They will lose 4k the day you go home with it. I am a Warrior hog all the way. And YES I can testify that I have had people stop me on the Highway doing 80 miles and hour to Look at this bike. I am not kidding. FYI if you have any remote kin to a Harley. buying a Warrior will start a war in your family . In the Words of JamesD The horse power to Noise raitio is way the *** off. that is for the Harley.

Peace out

Buy the Warrior if you like to ride with little to no mantience problems. OH you will need a huge supply of tires.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts