RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
"The Star Warrior is a founding member of the current generation of muscle bikes. Birthed in 2002 under the Yamaha banner, the Warrior we know today started life as a hot-rodded Road Star. It's been updated here and there over the past few years but has remained largely unchanged. "

Until a RSWARRIOR membermods it!!!! Thanks for the article.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
That is a great article. If a different magazine that deals more with modability were to do the comparison the Warrior would win hands down. I still have difficulty understanding Suzuki's and Honda's love with the the driveshaft.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Ifeel that the performance of the Warrior, both in low-rpm cruising applications and when ridden in a more sporting manner, justifies its higher price. I see it as the choice for riders with more experience and bigger budgets. EXACTLY!!!!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
the article said:
Due to its smaller displacement this new metric cruiser can’t quite hang with the Warrior in a head-to-head power battle. But how disappointed could you be with almost 70 horsepower and over 80 ft-lbs of torque?

Umm.... quite a bit if you're already a Warrior owner. I'm not going to find out, that's for sure.

fake said:
Good read. However motorcycle.com is comparing apples to oranges

I think the most interesting thing maybe of the entire article is that they actually thought the two were worth comparing at all. I'd be MUCH more interested in seeing their thoughts on the M109 vs the Warrior although I think it's pretty obvious which they would have favored I guess.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Just as the artical concluded.

"I feel that the performance of the Warrior, both
in low-rpm cruising applications and when ridden in a more sporting
manner, justifies its higher price. I see it as the choice for riders
with more experience and bigger budgets. The M90 is a great value and
probably more appealing to the novice.” – Mark Gardiner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts