RS Warrior Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have done a 240 conversion using a Harley Breakout back wheel which I think is 8x18 using a Pirelli Diablo tyre.
I had to change the bearings, disc and pulley, I made my own brake caliper bracket and used a R6 front caliper. Just working on the front conversion now for the matching wheel 21x130 :)
View attachment 254917 View attachment 254918 View attachment 254919 View attachment 254920
wow mate im impressed,
that looks good ..
Are you only going to run a single disc on the front .did you have to modify the swing much.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have done a 240 conversion using a Harley Breakout back wheel which I think is 8x18 using a Pirelli Diablo tyre.
I had to change the bearings, disc and pulley, I made my own brake caliper bracket and used a R6 front caliper. Just working on the front conversion now for the matching wheel 21x130 :)
View attachment 254917 View attachment 254918 View attachment 254919 View attachment 254920
hey Greg
if you dont mind sharing could you tell me what size and model pully you are using, and was using the r6 brake calliper the easiest option. I was eyeing off the very same wheels myself .

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey Greg
if you dont mind sharing could you tell me what size and model pully you are using, and was using the r6 brake calliper the easiest option. I was eyeing off the very same wheels myself .
Hi, I used a Breakout pulley aswell but had to use a 5mm spacer between the pulley and wheel to keep both pulleys in line, High tensile bolts. The pulley is two teeth smaller than the warrior. I wanted to use a 4 piston caliper so I could bolt the caliper up solid cos the pistons essentially float and give even pressure both sides.
If you need any help let me know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
wow mate im impressed,
that looks good ..
Are you only going to run a single disc on the front .did you have to modify the swing much.
Hi, Didn't have to modify the swing arm at all but only about 2mm (if that) clearance each side.
Yes, I wanted the matching front wheel, which only has one disk. I figured that if one disk will stop a harley surely it will stop a warrior !!
Only thing with the front wheel the forks aren't wide enough to get the harley wheel in, So I have on order some Billet yokes on order from billetbikebits.com which I have had made 40mm wider.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hi, Didn't have to modify the swing arm at all but only about 2mm (if that) clearance each side.
Yes, I wanted the matching front wheel, which only has one disk. I figured that if one disk will stop a harley surely it will stop a warrior !!
Only thing with the front wheel the forks aren't wide enough to get the harley wheel in, So I have on order some Billet yokes on order from billetbikebits.com which I have had made 40mm wider.
Hi
that is awesome , thanks for all the information .
can you post some pictures when you get it all done

21 - 27 of 27 Posts