RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm not sure what I should do for my 280 kit... go with a chromed swingarm or just powdercoat it. The wheel, pulley and fender stays will be chromed for sure. Any suggestions? I looked at the pictures on the forums and is hard to take a decision. The pictures are to small to say OK do this or that. I would rather learn from your experience. I'm thinking that the black swingarm will make the wheel chrome pop even more and create a balance with the rest of the bike... Let me know what made you go with a chromed swingarm and how do you find it overall? Thanks for the advice.

Floren

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Go chrome. I'd be afraid that if I didn't the black would stand out way too much against the chrome wheel and all. I will tell you though the top of the swingarm will seem to ALWAYS need cleaning attention compared to the black but I'm assuming you wash and wipe down your bike more often then I do anyway.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
I'm going to agree with Marco. If you were going to have the whole frarm powercoated a color, I'd day powercoat. Otherwise go Chrome, swingarm with chrome wheels.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Black powdercoat! That would be my choice. Even though I'll hear some crap for this, there "IS" such a thing as too much chrome. Since the swingarm is such a small part of the rear end package, the black powdercoat will add just enough contrast to make that chrome wheel "POP". Just the right amount of chrome and contast makes a bike stand out. Too much of either will kill it.

That's like saying since I had my wheels powdercoated "lime green", so I should get the pulley and the swingarm done as well?

Black powdercoat gets my vote.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Chrome baby, chrome!!!!! There's nothing like a nice bike with a chromed front and rear wheels especially a fat rear tire, and a chromed swing arm!!!!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I think it all depends on what kindof look your into. I personally like chrome so that is what I went with and what I would suggest. In my opinion when you go chrome wheels and everything else chrome the black swingarm is what stands out, not the chrome.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tapeworm said:
Are you going to chrome your brake caliper?
Yes, it will be chromed. I picked originally the powdercoated swingarm, to save few dollars and to bring a little contrast...
I will let you vote on that, thanks guys. I'm still not sure if I should go with chrome.
Do we have a pic with a 280 fully chromed at the end? I could not see it on the forums... The black swingarm looked good although.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I still stick to my opinion that chrome will complete it better but I'm one of those that even likes the bikes I've seen where the entire bike is chrome other then the seat, gauge faces, and tires. However, the truth of the matter is you can't go wrong either way. Your Warrior with a nice chrome 280 is going to look sweet regardless if the swingarm matches the frame or the wheels. If I was down to flipping a coin like SBC suggested then I'd just save the few bucks and keep it black but when I did mine it was an easy choice to go chrome. Of course they did the most horific job ever but that's a whole other story.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I say go with black. Contrast is always good when building a bike. To much chrome can take away from the work you did. But in the end it is your bike.

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
I remember a while ago, a member here put some pics up and had a 260 or 280 kit. The bike was black, chrome wheels, and the typical chrome. He left the swingarm black, and wowser, did it ever set off the wheels. I said then and willl continue to say, when I do mine, I'm leavin the swingarm black.I drive a Peterbilt, so you know I like chrome...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts