RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I change mine in the spring. I dont really travel more than about 6k in a year so i just make it part on my spring ritual along with all the other preventitive maint stuff

·
Registered
761 Posts
With Amsoil oil and filter you can double the manufaturer's recommended drain interval. So, with the Warrior, Yamaha specifies oil changes every 4k miles or 6 months, using Amsoil oil and filter you can change every 8k miles or 12 months and still be covered by Amsoil's guarantee.

I don't know of any other lube manufacturer that has a guarantee associated with an extended drain interval, I'm not saying there aren't any, just none that I know of.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,719 Posts
That's encouraging to know.
What exactly is the guarantee anyway?

Superbee the Oil Geek said:
With Amsoil oil and filter you can double the manufaturer's recommended drain interval. So, with the Warrior, Yamaha specifies oil changes every 4k miles or 6 months, using Amsoil oil and filter you can change every 8k miles or 12 months and still be covered by Amsoil's guarantee. I don't know of any other lube manufacturer that has a guarantee associated with an extended drain interval, I'm not saying there aren't any, just none that I know of.

·
Registered
761 Posts
My translation of the legalese mumbo jumbo is this: If the oil breaks your engine, Amsoil will fix it, meaning the oil is the cause of the failure. The vehicle must be in sound mechanical condition (before the failure), and if you are still under factory warranty, use it first.

Mumbojumbo link here

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Im up here in Maine I only park the bike about a month If the snow fall is low less than that 12 month season lol

Judge2008 said:
Glad I don't live anywhere I have to put her up for the season!

Aaron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts