RS Warrior Forum banner

T Rex race stands

6K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  0Gravity 
#1 ·
I just used my T Rex rear race stand when I changed my oil on my Warrior.

I had originally bought the stands for use on my Yamaha YZF600R.

I was concerned about the weight difference of the two bikes so I contacted T Rex about the weight capacity

of their stands. I was informed the stands would hold up to 750 lbs.

These stands work great for general maintenence or cleaning of your bike.

I prefer to use the T Rex stands over my Craftsman lift when ever possible.

I am in no way connected to this company.

Just giving a thumbs up to a great product.

t-rex-racing.com

try em you`ll like em

35ruger

See less See more
#7 ·
you may look at lowering the adjustment part of the rear stand, will be more stable and be easier to lift.

just a thought, the ultimate in rear stands is the cycle cat, is made to be used with the bike on its side stand without having to hold the bike vertical to put it on the rear stand. cyclecat is no longer in buisness but you may be able to find some old stock somewhere.

#15 ·
Hi All,
I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here...I bought this "Cruiser" or "Frame" stand from Summit Pit Posse Motorsports PP2906 - Pit Posse Motorcycle Cruiser Adjustable Center Stands - Overview - SummitRacing.com And it works Great! It can lift either the front or the rear of the bike, by just moving it towards the front or rear of the bike, it only has two possible issues...you cannot use it to lift both front and rear simultaneously, and if you have ANYTHING that hangs lower then the frame rail, like for instance an exhaust pipe, you cannot use this!
That being said, I like it because once you lift the bike, you can remove the handle and it is basically like it is sitting on a center stand so there is very little "Getting in your way" to work on whatever it is you are working on, and at $50 you cant beat the price!

#18 ·
I was worried the pit posse stand would maybe scar or wear the aluminum frame because I've heard the roller-cover doesn't always roll, or gets worn, or what-ever. I hope you'll let us know, over time, how it works out and how well the roller-material lasts.

I'm still using the T-Rex race stands, and also have a MC Jack so I can position lumber under the frame depending on the task at hand, pull the jack out, and the bike sits there. Works great.

#19 ·
I was worried the pit posse stand would maybe scar or wear the aluminum frame because I've heard the roller-cover doesn't always roll, or gets worn, or what-ever. I hope you'll let us know, over time, how it works out and how well the roller-material lasts.
Hmm...I dont see how it could do any damage...The bar that contacts the frame is covered in a clear rubber/plastic hose...even if the bar does not roll and this cover gets worn eventually, all you would have to do is slide a new piece of rubber hose over the bar...next time I am in the garage I will get some close up shots of the stand so you can see what I mean. I put just a light film of grease on the bar where it rotates in the stand frame to help make sure it stays freely rotating. But I will keep you posted if I have any issues with it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.