RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I delve too far into troubleshooting, has anyone come across this issue? I took my 2007 Warrior out yesterday and the tachometer was working but the LCD display was flashing. It would rev normally, but be flickering while it's revving. To be clear, I am referring to the actual rev counter bar display flickering. I took the bike back, just in case. But the bike was performing normally.

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
I had a problem on this Warrior where the time and mileage were very light. I went into the headlight bucket and cleaned all the connections as well as the connections to the tach/speedo. Everything was working like new after that.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did recently change my headlight bulb back to stock incandescent from LED recently. I can swap it back and see what happens. It would be odd if that's the issue. I would have expected issues going from incandescent to LED.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
I had a issue before where on heavy acceleration my turn signal indicator would flicker on, sure enough it was after I was inside the headlight bucket. Took it back apart rechecked all the connections and it went away. More than likely a loose connection in your headlight bucket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
I did recently change my headlight bulb back to stock incandescent from LED recently. I can swap it back and see what happens. It would be odd if that's the issue. I would have expected issues going from incandescent to LED.
It is not the swapping of bulbs but more likely like me and Tom said a connection of some sort either loose, corroded, maybe a frayed wire. That bucket is packed tight full of "stuff"

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just replaced my headlight 2 months ago. It is tightly packed. While I was there I checked the connectors and cleaned them just because of how tight it was in there. It is possible something went loose when you changed it. Good luck!

·
Registered
52 Posts
G'Day @raq1025
Mine Flickers.
When stationary it behaves as you would expect Roll on the throttle and the bars increase one by one at the reflected speed of the twisting of the throttle as you back it off the bars disappear one by one. No flickering.

Put it on the road, the bikes vibrations appear to be reflected in the 'Flickering' of the bars. It's almost like a 'shimmer'.

I don't see it as an issue or a fault. The high frequency vibrations from the big V twin can destroy the floating lenses in the newer phones, so I would expect that those vibrations would be the cause of the flickering, on this digital display.

The flicker is quite subtle, so not thinking mine is a problem at all.
It is most noticeable when cruising, I look down and the bars are 'pulsing' just a tad.

So now I've described mine as 'flickering', 'shimmering' and 'pulsing'. 😂😂😂 It does not interfere with the expected normal operation of my device. Maybe other folk don't have it but I kinda expected it.

Caveat....I'm very new to the Warrior experience and simply sharing my experience. Maybe we both have hugely 'dickey' devices.;)

Cheers
Rocksfly

·
Premium Member
2006 Warrior
548 Posts
Rule No.1 in troubleshooting: try the easiest thing 1st

so i'd say check the wiring in the headlight 1st.. much easier than opening up the tacho
Rule No. 2. Take EVERYTHING Apart ,Put it all in a single box and walk away for a month or so, take a vacation. Then after a few more beers , Reassemble.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's been a little since I returned to this. Bike not getting a lot of use & I guess it reflects on me returning to the forum. I did another search of the forum today and, five or six pages in, I found a few different posts with others experiencing the EXACT same issue. All of them seemed to be associated with the tach after a low battery instance. All seemed to be resolved by disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes and reconnecting, which apparently performs a reset of some type. I have a Lithium battery that I put on over the summer. The bike is usually on a trickle charger. I'm wondering if this is a function of the Lithium battery; deep storage or something because the bike isn't being used.

Going to try disconnecting the battery for a bit & see what happens. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Will let you know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts