RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is my understanding that some people have had a problem after removing the tag light. I plan on redoing the rear fender (Redhorse) and was wondering if I might have a problem. I was going to measure the resistance in the two bulbs and put a resistor of that resistance in their place (tucked under the fender). Should this solve the problem or does anyone have other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I have had the tag light disconnected for two years as well with no problems at all. Removing just the tag light causes no problems by itself (unless you don't hook things back up correctly)

·
Registered
356 Posts
I did the same and I installed some Lite N' Bolts to light up the tag and they work and look great. Just hooked them up to the stock tag light wires. I also just installed the intergrated tail light and got rid of the stock blinkers. I didn't install the resistors because I couldn't find a good place to mount them. No problems except a fast blink rate...

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
You can do what you suggested and that should work. I put a LED light bar in it's place with no probs. Or, just try it without as the other member have said.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I ran without a light for a few months after chopping mudflap (taped and tucked the wires). Just bought Radiantz Roach light that is neat, clean, and an easy install. No resistance problems. About $25. Website is www.radiantz.com - go to "undertank lighting" and look at Roaches. Worked for me.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
While I haven't installed it, I ordered and received the roach light. I think it's going to be a great solution.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts