RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came upon a deal at the local mod shop - Tailgunners for $200 says hes tired of looking at them on the shelf. Currently running samson shorties with ground pounders but need to build some back pressure. Any ideas on how these do without baffles and what kind of power they can produce vs my shorties? I like my samson's but turned the tips out instead of down and they're LOUD!! Plus my tips are looking mashed from scraping them in curves and I'm thinking either aspeed pipe or this.

·
Registered
963 Posts
after looking at the video ummmmm errr NO!!! That has to be the most retarded thing I have seen for a bike. Maybe on a theme bike but not a regular street runner.

Aaron

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
I have always been curious to know about the performace of the tailgunner. Any dynos runs out there for that on a warrior?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Re: Tailgunner exhaust (revisited)

Obviously the performance is important - and so far we haven't had anyone commment on them....but as far as looks...these are BAD A$$!!! Your warrior is one of the best looking I've seen.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Does your dealer still have any of these? Is it possible you could send me their contact information?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Judge2008 said:
after looking at the video ummmmm errr NO!!! That has to be the most retarded thing I have seen for a bike. Maybe on a theme bike but not a regular street runner.

Aaron

+1

It even sounds like a machine gun ideling there.

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
imevh2 said:
- Tailgunners for $200 says hes tired of looking at them on the shelf. ...... Any ideas on how these do without baffles and what kind of power they can produce vs my shorties?........ and I'm thinking either aspeed pipe or this
This slip-on runs w/ the stock headers and dragging won't be an issue. You'll need the adapter to the Warrior pipes.

Regarding performance/power, there is no documentation from Bruce for comparison.IMOthey don't sound like a Gatling/Machine gun either. If you like the look they certainly make a statement and the sound is excellent.

The MAIN PROBLEM w/ thisexhaust is the MUFFLER BEARING (that's correct) eventually burning out and that's a fact and i'm not joking.The Brg needs to be lubricated frequently but eventually will fail.Bruce akariveratstacks on the mileage and probably does more riding in a year than the average rider does in three or four
... he no longer runs w/ this muffler and maybe he will part with it!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's Radical Cycle in Des Moines. You might have to remind him about the $200 part. I haven't really decided yet. After all the mods that I did, I'm not getting as much power as I was hoping for, and I'm thinking the exhaust is the next to go. I love the sound and look of the street sweepers, but I'd rather be a little quieter and a lot faster. I haven't really decided ifit's just too gimmicky or not. I could see usingit fora while and passing them on.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I've seen it on other bikes and in the longer version and it looks MUCH better but that short version on the stock headers of a Warrior.... honestly I think it looks 10 times worse then the water heater did. It sounds pretty good compared to other options though but it IS gimicky which I'd find fine if it just didn't look so unattractive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts