RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted to try to the exhaust can tipoff and leaving the rest of the pipe on the bike. i would probably put a baffle in it. but would i probably have to get PCIII to make it run right. Or is this not a good idea to even do. Thanks

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
No, you wouldn't neccesarily have to get a PCIII but if you plan on leaving it that way or getting an entirely new exhaust at some point I'd think you'll want to invest in one. I don't think you're going to like the performance loss running with just your headers like that and you probably won't like the look and sound as much as you think either. Only one way to find out though and it doesn't hurt anything to try so have fun.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I think we have all done this at one time or another .I thought it sounded pretty freakin sweet,but I was drinkin at the time!!!

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Are you talking about taking the whole water heater off or just gutting it? There's nothing simple about getting the guts out of that muffler.

I've run mine breifly with the can off and I thought it sounded like shat!!!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Depends on whether you are in good standing with the neighbors or not.There are a few guys on the site who are runningthe stockheaders with just an exhaust tip maybe they will chime in. I started mine up with just the header (no muffler) while I was doing the take apart to put my pipes on and it was loud, but not in "that those are a sweet set of pipes loud" sorta way.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya gutted the can already but im just so itching to do stuff to it. It has a beena year and havent had a chance to get headers lol. i wanted to get Fuggin Fabrication Performance Series S-14 2:1 Exhaust and churchkey vbak and ais blackoffbut i just dont see a map for the pcIII i could use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts