RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what it would cost to fabricate a fuel tank.
If done, they could add volume, perhaps another gallon.
I watch it on TV shows but no talk about cost.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
The easiest (cost effective) way would be to modify a stock tank. Fabbing a tank by hand takes tons of hours and would not be cost effective. Also we do not own Harley which have been around forever and have a huge aftermarket support for.
Just to give you an idea there is a guy on Facebook named Nicholas and he modifies Raider tanks and charges approx. $800 for an extra 1.5 gallons.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, thanks for that lead.
A new tank , if it can be ordered is $ 800
I have the nice "laid the bike down" big dent / scratches on the left side.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
There's a guy in Ohio named Jerry Horvath that I came across on the Facebook Yamaha RS Warrior Owners group that says he's happy to fix our tanks. I plan to send him one of my tanks soon to see how it comes out. Maybe look him up there. I'll see about posting a link to the thread.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
You're very welcome. Looks like you need to be a member of that group. They are crazy active with all kinds of bs but sometimes, there's something useful.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
Here is the guy who modified the Raider ones.
Maybe that guy in Ohio, Jerry who is going to attempt to fix that tank can look to see what can be added for more capacity as well.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you, I just read it all.
Thanks for including all the detail too :)
What do you think of a horizontal cut around the tank. Keeping the rear intact , like a clam shell,, and adding a wedge of metal from the rear, around the front and back.
The tank would be taller at the front, same overall width.
Handle bar risers would help for the bars to clear the tank, many people put them on anyway for better reach comfort.
My tank (09) has a big dent upper left side. I ordered one, they say 8 to 12 weeks shipping time, its been 6.
If its cancelled due to not available anymore, I might try it, or get a tank cover to cover up :) and wish I did the mod.
Thanks again !

·
Registered
Yamaha XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
767 Posts
Thank you, I just read it all.
Thanks for including all the detail too :)
What do you think of a horizontal cut around the tank. Keeping the rear intact , like a clam shell,, and adding a wedge of metal from the rear, around the front and back.
The tank would be taller at the front, same overall width.
Handle bar risers would help for the bars to clear the tank, many people put them on anyway for better reach comfort.
My tank (09) has a big dent upper left side. I ordered one, they say 8 to 12 weeks shipping time, its been 6.
If its cancelled due to not available anymore, I might try it, or get a tank cover to cover up :) and wish I did the mod.
Thanks again !

like that idea.. you could also do what milkman did that way, widening the front but not the back.. i'm thinkin that may even look nicer (less obvious the tank as been tampered with) and give even more fuel capacity..

·
Registered
488 Posts
There's a member on this forum who has a tank for sale right now in very good condition

1 - 13 of 13 Posts