RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Just received my mustang sport touring seat and I've been trying to get the seat on for over an hour. The pictures on the site show the 'driver'? seat really flush against the passenger seat but I'll be damned if I can get it close nor get it to fasten so I can go test her out.

If any of you have a mustang seat or aren't as retarded as I am, please offer any advice. thanks

dammit to ****,
alan

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
first remove the tool kit. the mustang won't lock down with the tool kit installed. push down firm and hard making sure the rear tab is below the retaining bracket, where the tool kit used to be on the stock setup. if this does not work and the seat is not locking down, then you need to use a drill, file, or dremel and deepen the latch hook on the saddle. on mine it was about an 1/8" shy of lock down. I used a drill and took a littl off at a time untill it just locked down firm like the stocker. another thing you might check is tha if you have a pcIII, it must be pushed as far forward and to the upper left corner as possible other wise it will interfear with the latching of the seat. good luck, the seat is great once you figure it out.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@$(*&@(*&^(@*# OK, its just not going on. the pc3 isn't in the way.

Gonna spend even more $$$ to get a tool to widen the latch area. You know, you would think for a few hundred bucks, it would be a tad easy to get on. /emoticons/emotion-6.gif

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
just use a drill or a rat tail file, won't take long, and after you first ride you'll forget the frustration and say Oh Yeah Baby. after taking a 3400 mile roadtrip, I didn't even recall being so pissed as you, but I know i was at the time.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Like Dice said, just take your time and don't take off more than you need to. I've got the pc3 and a brake light module also, and I had to do the same thing. And, yes, it is worth the little bit of effort for the comfort you'll be gaining.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
quote:Originally posted by dynamos2000

@$(*&@(*&^(@*# OK, its just not going on. the pc3 isn't in the way.

Gonna spend even more $$$ to get a tool to widen the latch area. You know, you would think for a few hundred bucks, it would be a tad easy to get on. /emoticons/emotion-6.gif

I totally agree.

I thought someone said Mustang "fixed" their latching problems with the Warrior?!? Doesn't sound like it, or Dynamos2000 got some old stock.

If you go back and search you'll see I reported the same problems with three different Mustang Vintage seats on the Warrior, all of which Mustang took back at their expense. I didn't feel that I should have to file or dremel my bike seat latching mechanism to make a $400 seat fit, **** thing should have been designed to fit the bike right out of the box like the Corbin seats do, at least for my money.

Sorry folks, Mustang might coddle the owner's a$$ but they need to learn quality control. I reported this problem to them in December 2002 in writing, it should no longer be seen seven months later.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Bull! Is this seat supposedly made for the Warrior? If so the thing should fit without any mods. That's just BS to me.[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!]

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
But it's BS that my butt really appreciated. Not quite as much BS as tearing into a perfectly good engine, but to each his own.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh well if I jump in the air and land on the seat, it will latch. and if I put my knee into it while turning the key, I can get the seat off.

I'm not spending $40 at Lowes for a dremel tool either. I'll see about borrowing someone's down the road I guess.

That is serious cash for something not to fit like a glove. I would get fired with that kind of quality control at my job!!!!!!!!!!

pissed,
me

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Dynamo,
Did you call your comments in to Mustang? How are they responding? I've thought about buying one of their seats but not if the fit requires cutting for a seat supposedly specifically made for this bike.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I haven't called them. Mainly it's gonna be "send the seat back" and I already have to send my luggage rack back to MC because of some scratches in the chrome, that already makes my trip this weekend more of a hassle. I'd hate to lose the stang too

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
dynamos, the mc luggage rack won't fit the mustang seat with out a major mod to the seat. to make it fit, you are have to remove the cover of the passanger seat and cut the seat pan all the way to the rear rubber boots on the pan, then reinstall the the cover. a major bitch but can be done.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
quote:Originally posted by dynamos2000

Oh well if I jump in the air and land on the seat, it will latch. and if I put my knee into it while turning the key, I can get the seat off.

You are better off than I was. I could not get my Mustang Vintage to latch at all, even jumping on it.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Arthur

This is exactly why I went with the Corbin seat. All that cash...it should slip on like glove.

DITTO DITTO and DITTO!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1. mc luggage rack won't fit the mustang seat with out a major mod to the seat... THAT SUCKS! Someone on here told me 'it will be a little snug' but didn't mention I'd have to do all that /emoticons/emotion-6.gif oh well...

2. Corbin: I think they look good but I'll sit on my lazyboy any day over my hardwood kitchen chair /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
yeah, it's a major bitch but looks ok once done.

Download Attachment: Picture 087.jpg
71.84KB

Download Attachment: Picture 081.jpg
53.99KB

Download Attachment: Picture 086.jpg
75.21KB

1 - 20 of 29 Posts