RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to post a warning for those trying to order from Tejas Thump Cycles. STOP! PUT YOUR HARD EARNED CASH ELSE WHERE!!!
Some of you might be already familiar w/ these guys, they sell custom shift rods for our warriors. Anyway, this F***in A holes never sent my order, took my money and now no replies for my emails nor will they answer phone calls. I placed an order w/ these guys on sept. 21. I got a shipping confirmation email not to long after I placed an order (couple of hours later), it made me think it was shipped....waited 2 weeks before contacting them inquiring about my order and found out that they order the shipping rods themselves from other manufacturer at a discount and they said that they placed an order for mine which meant that they didn't have it, yet sent the shipping confirmation email. On top of that, they had nerves to tell me I had to wait another two weeks for my shipping rod. I gave them another chance and waited, waited, and then waited some more, thinking I would give them enough time before contacting them. Now, I'm trying to contact them by email and phone, but their phone lines busy all day, everyday (calling them at their main #1-806-539-0187), and they are not answering my refund request emails. Anyone had any experience with these guys? This is my first time being "ripped-off" by an online store. Does anyone have any strategies as to how I can track down these guys and get a refund? I don't have any idea as to how to get back at these guys, I would appreciate any input! Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
5,831 Posts
I have a friend that ordered a set of handlebars. $200 and can't reach them either. E-mails,phone calls,nothing. I was wondering the same thing.They have been ordered for a month or so. I'll let you know if he ever gets them. Hope to hear something soon.

·
Registered
692 Posts
DK, assuming you ordered online and used a credit card, contact your credit card company to see if they can reverse the charge, or help you out in some way

Good luck

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
+1

I've had to do this before when I couldn't get a company I've ordered from to take care of it. The bank will refund you and then try to contact the company themselves to protest the charges and verify that you didn't receive anything on your behalf. Sorry you're having to go through that hassle but hopefully you can just make the one call to the bank now and forget about it.

By the way I'm in SC also.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just called the bank, apparently, they need to wait 30 days after the merchant promised to issue a credit back. The last email I got from these guys was 15th of Oct. and they said it would take 3-5 days.
I haven't had any issues like this before, even w/ ebay merchants. Is there a place we can report a bad online merchant? ripoffreports.com?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Did you use PayPal? If you did, you can file a dispute on PayPal. I had to do just that not so long ago. I sent PayPal my side of the story. They then tried to contact the other party. I'm not sure if they were able to contact him, but a few weeks later they emailed me that they decided the dispute in my favor and they credited my charge card account. I also was able to give him a bad rating on eBay.

I hope you get some satisfaction.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Hopefully you will get your money back and the scum will go out of business. At least some of us have been warned in time to avoid these guys. Thanks for the warning. Very much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss and aggravation. Hopefully you will eventually get your money back. Unfortunately not all company's and people are honest. Maybe something happened, but to send a confirmation order without actually shipping you anything sounds really messed up. On top of that to not even have the balls to answer an email is not acceptable. Thanks for the heads up on this company.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
antitech1 said:
Hopefully you will get your money back and the scum will go out of business. At least some of us have been warned in time to avoid these guys. Thanks for the warning. Very much appreciated.

+1

Phat's actually charged me and told me my order shipped once also when it hadn't and in the process of trying to get a tracking number I found out it never did ship and wouldn't for a few more days still. The first time I questioned it they told me the "charge" was just a "hold" but then as it drug out I showed them the date the "hold" was put on the card and the date the actual charge happened about a week later. At least with them getting someone to talk to about it was never a problem, just getting the real truth was.

·
Super Moderator
5,831 Posts
They emailed me back and said that they were sorry for the delay, That it was a problem with the company that they are ordering from.It's been over a month,and they don't email or call my friend that ordered the handlebars,but they will email me instead.I guess it is because he emailed them from my computer.He tells them to email him at his email address,but never gets a response.There blaming the other company due to the economic crisis,but said he could cancel at any time.He may have just lost his money,and no handlebars. I'll let you know if he ever gets his bars.

Guy

·
Registered
61 Posts
Out of curiousity, I went to their web site to look at their
products. I also found other links and lots of complaints, but this
one caught my eye, so I copied it. It may just be another excuse
(lie), but check the response below to the post on:http://www.complaints.com/2008/june/3/Tejas_Thump_Cycles_172732.htm

Tejas Thump Cycles

Tejas Thump Cycles

Tejas Thump Cycles

1001 Lubbock Road

Meadow , TX 79345

US

http://www.tejasthumcycles.com

I placed an order for 4 footpegs on the 19th. It has been over 2 weeks
and I still have not seen them. The website states if there is any
delay, they will make contact with the customer. I called them over 10
times and left a message each time. I emailed them 3 times. No one has
called and noe was has emailed.

Date: Tuesday, 03-Jun-08 13:19:38 CDT

Business: Reply Online

Consumer: Comment On This

Comment On This

Hi,

I am not sure of your order # or name, but I understand you are upset.
The order you made in early June, like many others, were delayed due to
the sudden death of the owner. The other "partner" of the business
ceased all work and responsibilty, and left us in a position to do what
we could to satisfy the incoming orders. We did the best that we could,
and realize that a lot of people are upset. We are doing everything we
can to remedy the situation. We urge you to contact the new GM @
thumper AT tejasthumpcycles.com in order to resolve your situation. We
appologize for this inconvenience and hope that you can be
understanding. We are rectifying the situation and taking the necessary
steps to make everything right. We appreciate your patience.

Date: Wednesday, 08-Oct-08 15:40:39 CDT

·
Registered
388 Posts
Contact the BBB and make a complaint with them.

Also a warning to anyone buying things online... before making that purchase do a google search on the company and see what people have to say. I did that a couple weeks ago before buying from a company that had an unreal price on a camera I was going to buy. Needless to say I didn't buy from them. Saved a lot of hassle and stress on my part.

·
Super Moderator
5,831 Posts
That friend of mine that ordered handlebars from them got through to them on the phone finally. They said that they would find out how much longer it would be before there vender would send the bars or not. So he could canceal if he wanted to. He also said he was going to straighten things out around there,so you might be able to get through to them. I hope they do,because they have some good stuff.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Guys, be really careful of all custom bike shops right now that do parts. With this economy, custom bikes are in low demand and the market's flooded with them. This means many shops will be closing or downsizing in order not to close. That can mean poor customer service and no return emails, etc. Email boxes will sit with no attention paid to them if people leave the company. Go with reputible source and make sure you call on the phone even after you order on the web.

Many of these businesses are struggling to hold on but I know that Phat's is not having issues but they did hire a few new people so if you have a problem, ask for Terry. Parts is their main business, (not building choppers they can ride around as a tax write off!) I know that was the dream for a lot of these guys that opened shops but a harsh reality has set in don't you think? Just pick up a Cycle Trader and see how much used $40000 choppers are now selling for. Even new ones are going for half price. Bummer for those guys.

Just be careful and try and order with someone you know and trust! Peace!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
midnight_run said:
Guys, be really careful of all custom bike shops right now that do parts. With this economy, custom bikes are in low demand and the market's flooded with them. This means many shops will be closing or downsizing in order not to close. That can mean poor customer service and no return emails, etc. Email boxes will sit with no attention paid to them if people leave the company. Go with reputible source and make sure you call on the phone even after you order on the web.

Many of these businesses are struggling to hold on but I know that Phat's is not having issues but they did hire a few new people so if you have a problem, ask for Terry. Parts is their main business, (not building choppers they can ride around as a tax write off!) I know that was the dream for a lot of these guys that opened shops but a harsh reality has set in don't you think? Just pick up a Cycle Trader and see how much used $40000 choppers are now selling for. Even new ones are going for half price. Bummer for those guys.

Just be careful and try and order with someone you know and trust! Peace!

Yep, they're dropping like flies. The economy can't support them anymore and people seem to be sick and tired of owning bikes they can't ride. A coworker of mine bought a BBC Sled 300 a year ago, had several mechanical issues with the bike, and now he can't get rid of it because he ows more than the piece of crap is worth. They're all the same, junk! I know from experience, don't ask how.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts