RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I joined this forum to get real info on the Warrior. I currently have a Kaw ZRX1200R. I had a Hayabusa, V-Max, Sportster, and Super Glide. The Busa was my last bike, and after hurting my back, the Busa had to go. The ZRX is nice, but doesn't take bumps very well, especially with a passenger. I considered getting a Warrior, but went with the Kaw. Mistake? Probably. Now, tell me about your Warrior. Handling? Slow speed handling? Hows it take bumps? Hows it ride with a passenger? Likes or dislikes? I imagine the power is something like my Super Glide(72hp/82# torque),but better. Oh yeah, what about vibration? The Super Glide sucked to me. Any comparison? I wouldn't buy another HD, for many reasons. The Warrior is a cool looking motorcycle. I checked out some pics here, and they ALL look great! Seems like whatever you do to it, it looks good. I think it will be my next bike, but not until the '04s are out. Thanks.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I never was a sport bike fan, and realy don't want the headaches of a HD. The warrior is the best of everything I could ever want in a bike. Like most or all people in this forum, they love there warriors and can't get enogh of them. I know I can't. It's a well built bike that's fast, handles well, and gets attention. some down sides might be poor foot position for passenger, giant mud flap in back, and some people don't like the stock exhaust. Havn't heard many other bad things about them. search through posts and gallery pics to see about them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well this is my first reply. Hope I get this right!

Just picked up an 02 today. A very nice red. Was not my first choice but it is really growing on me. Anyway, I traded in a 01 midnight star for it. I was not sure if I made the right choice because I had it decked out and I really enjoyed that bike. But the minute I rode that Warrior off the lot I never looked back. It is the best of both worlds. Later[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hans, congrats on the new faster Red warrior!!! LOL Meat, you definitely came to the right spot for Warrior info. I pretty much have the most mileage of the Warriors on this site and the only problem I've had is the damned bike hates rear tires....LOL Seriously though, it handles like a dream. You can adjust the suspension somewhat to tune it to your taste. The Warriors advantage over a sport bike is that you can dive into corners at 10 mph or 100 mph without worrying if you are going to high side it. Everything is mounted up high for more clearance in corners. Vibration isn't as bad as everyone thinks when they see the thing sitting idle and the rear fender is bouncing up and down. As you hit the gas she is as smooth as glass. Probably rear footpegs and handlebar reach is the majority of complaints on this bike. The '04 is supposed to solve those issues from what I have read. Gas mileage......if I cruise around 75 mph or so I can get about 52-55 mpg. As far as mods, talk to Churchkey, Carknee, and the other mod gods here. We are just a big family here and can answer about any question you might think of. Just save yourself some frustration and time and do a search on the subjects you think of, chances are that they have been discussed a few times before. Good luck and hope to see another brother on a Warrior!!

JJ

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Handling? Handles great! It loves the twisties and leans very well. Steering is nice and responsive, no wandering problems @ high speeds. It feels pretty nimble and feels much lighter than it actually is.

(5 star scale, with 5 being awesome)

Brakes: F) ***** R) ****
Forks: **** Shocks: ****
Tires: F) **** R) *****
Engine: *****+

Slow speed handling? Slow speed handling is nice. Balances very well & easy. Do to the long wheelbase, turning radius is larger than what I expected.

Hows it take bumps? Forks and shocks work pretty good. Easy to adjust for a firmer ride. Long wheelbase helps with the bumps. Stock seat is a little light on padding. A lot of people change out the seats for more comfort. 2004 bikes will be different, as the seat is completely different. I personnaly didn't have any problems with the stock seat. I changed mine for more stylin issues (I don't ride with a passenger).

Hows it ride with a passenger? Stock seat is not very comfortable for the passeneger on anything more than a 30 minute ride. Seat upgrade is necessary for passenger comfort. Rear pegs are positioned kind of high. Passeneger peg flip mod (flipping passenger pegs upside down = free mod) or after market pas pegs that ride lower on the bike will be more comfy. Again the 2004 RSW has a different seat, it looks like it will be far superior to the '02-'03 seats for the passenger.

Likes or dislikes? Likes: far too many to list here! The RSW is just totally AWESOME! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Dislikes = nada, no complaints here.

I imagine the power is something like my Super Glide(72hp/82# torque),but better. Sorry I've never riden a Super Glide. My guess is that there would be a much better acceleration do to the RSW greater torque and less weight. Better tires and better handling.

Oh yeah, what about vibration? Vibration, I don't even notice it. The only time I notice it is at a stoplight at idle. I can see and feel the handlebars vibrating ever so slightly. I notice the mirrors vibrating at the light. When I get moving, I don't even notice the vibration. Handlebars are rubber isolated. Rumor has it that Yamaha had the engine running so smooth that there wasn't any vibration. They purposely made it vibrate a little for the American's.. so it'll be more HD like. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif] Vibration isn't an issue on this bike. [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

The Super Glide sucked to me. Any comparison? Haven't the HD experience to make a proper comparison. But from nearly 1,700 members on this board, I've seen very very few complaints about the Warrior. Most everyone is on the same boat and LOVES the RS WARRIOR![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Overall I give the bike 5 Stars and two thumbs Up!

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Meat, of the bikes you list the only one I've ridden is the V-max. Nothing on earth compares to the asphalt ripping Hp you find on the ole 'Max. Unfortunately, the thing handles like a tank in sand. The RS Warrior is the best of the V-max under 5000 RPM combined with the handling of a 'heavy' R-1. With a sportbike frame and bottom-end torque for days, this bike is awesome. My only complaints are that the stock seat isn't rider friendly for more than a couple of hours - MAX, the stock seat isn't 2-up friendly at all, and I can't seem to find another make of cruiser that can keep up. Enjoy...

·
Registered
272 Posts
well,just thought I'd throw in another issue about the warrior,not necessaryily a bad thing,unless your tight on money after you've bought it,lol.I'm not sure where or how Rippin is able to achieve 52-55 mpg with the warrior,as far as i knew stock the bike would get 40-42 mpg,not that ne of that reallymakes a difference cause i'm sure most here are'nt concerned about milage with all we do to the bike,lol.But if he's get'n that kind of milage on a stock set up,then you'll enjoy the economy in it as well.As soon as we all started mod's on the Warrior thou,between air kit's,Power commanders,custom exhaust,TFI's and so on,don't bother think'n about the cost of fuel,lol,I only have a couple of those options done on mine(Power Com.+Custom Exhaust)I've gone with a full tank of fuel 115 miles befor reserve light kicks in,and that was straight highway miles only @ 65mph.Fuel tank's supose to hold 4.3 gal including reserve,I filled it up again and only had to put in 3 gal of gas to reach the neck.So I figure I'm @ about 37-38 mpg of relaxed ride'n only,soon as I get on that throttle I'm done to about 33mpg,lol.But hey it's only Gas,when ya get on that bike it's **** tuff to try and hold back on hear'n that beast gasp for Air and Roar all in 1 quick twist,some times ya just gotta get ya Fix in to get rid of the DT's,lol

·
Registered
273 Posts
The best word that describe the warrior is awsome the handeling the preformance Its by far the best motorcycle I've ridden however I have changed a few things like the handlebars seat and exhaust and now its perfict I love riding it befor I baught it I rode a VTX and the Kaw and the Harley that doesnt sound like a harley which I kinda liked but not for 8,000.00 more than the warrior is a blast to ride nothin but pure love for the warrior!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Purchase the Warrior - you will love it. It has high power, wonderful chassis, and powerful brakes. It feels as it is sculpted from one piece of metal. My only criticism may be that the riding position could be a bit more comfortable (new bars solves it), but with a name of Warrior, why complain? I love the way the bike is designed - long, low, and wide. It's size is deceptively accomodating.

A few days ago I had pulled over to lunch in a small country town, parking along several other bikes. Shortly after, several more cycles pulled in and parked alongside. It was a mix of Harley Davidsons, Buells, and BMWs. Usually, most people tend to walk by a row such as this. Almost all who stopped to look stopped at the Warrior. They would point and peer and smile. It is a nice feeling. I never anticipated the attention, or appreciation of the design, when I bought my Titanium 02. It never fails as you get close, folk ask you all sorts of questions.

The Warrior just makes you smile - it's a wonderful ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts