RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals. Most are like me and have owned a bunch of motorcycles. Most, I would assume would like to have a particular bike back. Tell us about your most missed dirt bike and your most missed road bike. And what you miss about them.

I will start this thing off.

Dirt bike..... 1974 Kawasaki KX450. I was 15 and had the 2nd most baddest bike around. Wheelies, no problems. Jumps, piece of cake. Hill climbing, It was more capable than I was, but we still tackled a bunch. I miss that bike to this day. I do internet searches and look at pictures, and drool for that day. And by the way the 1st most baddest dirt bike was also a KX450, but it had the intake and exhaust ports opened up a bunch and polished.

Road bike..... I had several of them also, but I really don't miss any of them, but if I had one back it would have to be my old XS650. Those can be turned into awesome street trackers.

My list

Kawasaki 175 Enduro, Kawasaki KX450, Kawasaki KT250, Honda CR125, Kawasaki 250 tripple cylinder, Kawasaki KZ400, Yamaha XS650, Yamaha 650 V-star, Yamaha 1700 Warrior

·
Registered
151 Posts
dirt bike....74 kx 250,first bike i had ridden...stupid wheelie machine,you could think of a wheelie and it would do it, as for my street bike,warrior,but my xj750 maxim befor it was a nice bike to go around and beat on

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I tend to hold onto my bikes forever, I bought a brand new 1979 KZ 650SR as my first street bike and loved it, I had a 74 XLHC Hardtail that I re built, fixed, painted (re peat this over and over again) and a 1982 GL 1100 that I rode mercilessly for 14 years, end over ended it down the ditch, ripped off all the plastic and built a naked model of and rode it even more. If I could have one back it would be the wing. Wonderful bike, wonderful memories, bulletproof engineering.

·
Registered
881 Posts
My first road bike '79 XS1100 Special. But I'll always have a special place in my heart for the '83 V-65 Magna. That thing was a beast in it's day not too many bikes could keep up with it.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
While I believe I'd miss my Warrior more than any of them, I really miss my '95 Suzuki 1400 Intruder. Here's a pic.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Only had one bike previous to the warrior - a KLR 650. I miss that bike - not sexy, not fast, but you could pretty much ride it anywhere.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I used to have an FZR 650. That was a fun bike. Sold it after going about 150mph on it. Not because of the speed but at the time I needed the money and couldnt pay for the bike. Before that I had 2 different Yamaha Enduro's. The first was a 250 the second was a 350 I think. One of them was stolen, the other I sold to pay for my wedding (stupid stupid stupid..lol).

I dont miss any of those as much as I miss the Warrior during Winter. If I could have the Fizzer back though it would be cool just to learn some tricks on it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Without a doubt I wish I had my '78 Yamaha SR500 back. The thumper was light and nimble and a ton of fun....and the chrome...ah..the chrome...perfect bike to make into a cafe racer...

·
Registered
926 Posts
these are not the actual bikes I had but photos of the models I owned. I miss my Yamaha 750 Special but the Warrior takes the sting away.

Suzuki 380

Yamaha 750 special '79 I think ..what a chick magnet.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Well , she was a little blond Polish girl , oh sorry , you mean motorcycles.

Oh , the things she could do .

·
Registered
370 Posts
The summer I turned 9 my dad brought home this beat up 71 Yammi Trials 80. We spent a month reubuilding the motor, bored it out and put a bigger piston in. The kick start shaft was broke so I had to push start it wherever I went. If I forgot to shut the gas valve off it would empty the tank on me. I must've put a million miles on that thing. I sold it to a collector last year and shortly after bought the warrior. I've had several different bikes over the years but I'll never forget the fun I had on that little bike.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I've had way too many motorcycles to decide which one I liked best.

The bike I miss the most out of all the motorcycles/dirtbikes I ever owned was my old '86 Honda TLR-200. On/Off trails bike. 2nd I miss out of all of them was my '77 CB550K. The TLR takes the cake though and **** near find a tear when I see one online or listed in California for sale. I'd say my 3rd most missed bike was my old '73 KZ175 and then 4th was my old '73(?) CT70 (which is still at my parents house, one of my first and foremost dirtbikes to ever ride) **** I miss those bikes. Since then, I'vemade new friends (dirtbikes and street bikes alike), but are never the same. When I settle down from the workaholic life, I plan on finding, purchasing, and restoring every bike I hold dear to my heart.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I wouldn't give up my Warrior for any of the other bikes that I have had, but I would love to have my '79 XS1100 Special back. That was a great all around bike. Comfortable on long road trips, good in the curves and easy to work on. I do have a special place in my heart for my first bike too. It was an '83 XS650 Heritage Special.

·
Registered
789 Posts
In the early 70's I was racing motox on an Ossa stilletto, liked Ossa so much I decided to build a shorttracker (Ossa DMR 250), called Ossa in Spain and they sent me an Ossa DMR engine. Using a frame from Calif, wheels from Italy and glass from Tex, I built a handling shorttracker. Went sailing for 13 years and on return my son refused to return it. After 30 years I finally have it back(engine frozen-all the bearings rusted), Cleaned everything up and as of today I have all the parts for the engine(yamaha rod on turned crank,new bearings and seals). Going slow and putting it together right. May even try racing it in the antique sanctioned class. Oh yeah, I did miss that sweet handling machine!!!

·
Registered
544 Posts
1984 Honda Nighthawk 700S I see one every so often and it really makes me want to find one to play with again. Otherwise it would have to be my 1985 VMAX I sold after only 22 years.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have to say that I still have most of the bikes that I have owned (their like family) but, I had an 86 Yami XT350 that I had put over 40k miles on that I miss to this day !

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
My '74 YZ80. Kept racing that bike till I had well out grown it but didnt want to part with it. Sold it and rode a Combat Wombat for a few months but it never felt like a partner in the races, felt more like it wanted to throw you the entire time. Went to a YZ125 and loved it but nothing can replace my lil buddy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts