RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after five years not being on her from doing my mods and heath reasons I took her out for a quick ride was vary nervous about the ride,and that everything was done right so I went slow, she seemed heavy and kind of floppy in the steering. when I got to the corner to turn around I saw smoke billowing so I got back to the house only to see the smoke was coming from the pipe wrap. Then after thinking about it I remembered that the front tire looked low, so I'm guessing that is why the front seems heavy?

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Whoa bro..
That's awesome that u got it running and was able to go on a ride...

CONGRATS on all the hard work.

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
348 Posts
Congrats on getting her back to running and to YOU for getting back in the saddle!! The front tire being low will definitely be a factor in the feeling of being heavy and flopping into a turn. Did you adjust pressures front and back and take her out again....if so let us know what you came up with. Glad to see you back in the saddle. Be Safe and Ride Safe.
RG

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on getting her back to running and to YOU for getting back in the saddle!! The front tire being low will definitely be a factor in the feeling of being heavy and flopping into a turn. Did you adjust pressures front and back and take her out again....if so let us know what you came up with. Glad to see you back in the saddle. Be Safe and Ride Safe.
RG
No not yet, will check pressure tomorrow went to the lake to escape the heat today.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just checked the tire pressures and they were down to about 10 psi, I filled them to 36,and 42 and just setting on here it feels less heavy. I have an appointment at secretary of state today to get a new plate,and I sent my PC3 in yesterday for a trade in, so maybe sometime next week I can take her out for a proper ride.

·
Registered
582 Posts
glad you're riding again. must be a satisfying feeling after so many years. what's up with the smoke? It could be that the wraps got wet or soaked in some humidity over the years and the smoke was the water evaporating...

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
glad you're riding again. must be a satisfying feeling after so many years. what's up with the smoke? It could be that the wraps got wet or soaked in some humidity over the years and the smoke was the water evaporating...
I believe it ws jsut the break in of the pipe wrap and the DEI wrap spray burinng off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts