RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wondering about the stickers. I've put on a Baron's side mount license plate holder and am wondering about the inspection sticker. I have a plate on the back of the bike were the license plate used to be for the sticker but wanted to somehow get rid of it to clean up the back of the bike. I thought about somehow mounting it to the Baron's but there is limited room there. Any ideas or suggestions? I would like to trash it but figured I might have problems with law enforcement.

Thanks for all the suggestions

Mark Graham

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Well given your name and where you live I was going to ask if Phil Graham is your relative and suggest that asthe easiestsolution to your problem but now I'm thinking he might spell his name Gramm?

·
Registered
474 Posts
I put the sticker on the right side of the battery box in front of the tire. It can be seen with no problems.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
My sticker came off a few days after I bought my bike. I chopped off the mud flap and there it went, right into the trash can where it belongs. I've been riding 12 years and have only done an inspection once. Those goofy stickers never seem to match my paint.

By the way, I've never even been pulled over by a cop on my bike much less gotten a ticket for no inspection sticker. But I ride at my own risk.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Kind of hard to see but I made a plate out of aluminum the same size as the sticker and slid it up under the license plate and bracket. The 2 set screws that hold the license plate also hold the sticker plate..

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
ram396 said:
Kind of hard to see but I made a plate out of aluminum the same size as the sticker and slid it up under the license plate and bracket. The 2 set screws that hold the license plate also hold the sticker plate..

" width="1" border="0" />

Have you ever scraped your Inspection Sticker plate in tight corners? Nice set up!

·
Registered
881 Posts
No I'm not real aggressive in the turns any more. For some reason the pegs will hit first and will let me know to straighten it up a bit!!

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Best place to put it and it costs you nothing is behind the exhaust, on the tab on the swing arm. Perfectly legal, Texas law only states that inspection has to be "towards the rear"

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Circled in yellow:

07midnite said:
By the way, I've never even been pulled over by a cop on my bike much less gotten a ticket for no inspection sticker. But I ride at my own risk.

It's probably because I live in a big city, but Igot pulled over for not having one... I told him I was "in the process" of modding my bike (I was) and I hadn't yet figured out where I was going to put it. He didn't give me a ticket but he said I needed to havemy inspection stickervisible from the back*. So I went to the dealer and they gave me a little chrome side mount plate to stick it on. It's ugly, butvisible from the back. And not as ugly as having it below the license plate.

*He was a motorcycle cop.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Slopoke said:
Best place to put it and it costs you nothing is behind the exhaust, on the tab on the swing arm. Perfectly legal, Texas law only states that inspection has to be "towards the rear"

I believe Texas law says it has to be visible from the rear.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
You could put it on your tire and when they question where it is you could explain it was either that or cover the tail light with it because you had no luck using it as an end cap for your exhaust.

·
Registered
474 Posts
On the battery box, right on the edge by the rear swing arm. The sticker stands out right there. With your exhaust anyone can see it from behind.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thanks y'all, now that this thread is going, the local law enforcement community will start scrutinizing us for inspections stickers.lol Mine has been out for quite some time. I am going to relocate mine one of these days. I will probably just make some sort of bracket for mine, just not sure where I will mount it yet. I am going to remove the mudflap.

Bob

·
Registered
207 Posts
This is not a recommendation, but mine has been on the garage floor since I bought the bike in Apr '05.

There is no reason to inspect my bike. If they are going to let SloPoke drip oil on the freeway then there cant be anything about my bike that is not safe.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
I've been pulled over twice on my sportbike (speeding) that has an expired sticker - and not a word about it. My Warrior has had no sticker in 3 years. If I ever DO get a sticker - I'l stick it to the bottom of the seat. If they want to see it - I'll pop the seat off...

On a side note, my old pickup truck has been expired for over 5 years now. I only maintian stickers on newer vehicles nowadays.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
RhatPhlegm said:
On a side note, my old pickup truck has been expired for over 5 years now.

On one of my trips back home to TX a year or three ago I had been back in town two days and got pulled over for my car's tags being expired. You have some pretty good luck!

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
I got pulled over specifically for an expired inspection sticker on my first bike. I didn't get a ticket for it, but a state trooper saw it and took the time to pull me over to talk about it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts