RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]Just to let everyone know that for about half the price of a dyna jet commander module you get a **** of a lot of performance and bang for the buck with the TFI module. You will find the info on roadhouse brand website. If you aren't going into your timing, cams, compression ratios etc. this puppy is all you need and more. The guy who invented the TFI unit is none other than the inventor of the dynajet and is now doing his own thing with roadhouse brand. The tech nearly wet his pants after his test ride and had four of his harley customers ordering them. They need NO MAPPING at all because the unit simply changes the flow of fuel information to the injectors usiing four different wheels for idle, low end, middle, and high end. This mod rocks! I have installed a pro pipe, bak, ais, and the TFI module. ****, what a difference. Being new to the site someone may already have found out about this piece and written about it..if so sorry I repeated what has already been done. The master wrenches at custom bikers are using it on everything but their fully modified custom units. They say it blisters any like product they've used. Thanks to all you guys for all the great information and pics.
Nick.....careful round the cages

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Thanks for the info....very interesting.I wish I would've seen that before doing the pciii myself but very nice to know for future projects.Thanks again.
-msm698

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
yeah, knew about it and still chose the pcIII, because of its mapping capabilities. and ues the tfi has been discussed alot on this forum. always do a search on this forum before asking a question or stating something, you'ld be suprised what's been done and talked about. anywho, welcome to the forum. Post some pics of your ride.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
It's not a bad box, I believe several people on the board use it and report good results. I guess it can be viewed as a less complicated alternative to the PC-III, but with some differences.

But after carefully reading the marketing pitch, I would keep in mind that you will not be able to lean down the A/F mixture in any range with the TFI product, just enrichen it. Might not be a problem, but be aware that you would not be able to correct a "too rich" condition coming from the stock ECU anywhere in the curve, you would have to use get into the diag feature of the ECU. The PC-III allows you to enrichen or lean out the fuel curve at any point. Given the fact that the stock ECU is set lean in the first place, this might not be a problem.

There are functional differences between the TFI product and the PowerCommander which to some, may well justify the price of the PC-III.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts