RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you know, I have decided not to go with the Warrior, after a incredible test ride and many hours of 'do I or don`t I', I have decided it is a little too big for me, not in power but in bulk.

It is just too wide and I don`t have enough foot to the ground, in other words it just didn`t feel right.....that really bothers me because once I realized that its prolly not the bike for me, the friggin sales person steered me to the VStar 1100......not the same thing I told them..

SO as it stands, I`ll be in biker 'limbo' for a bit yet.

thanks all the same guys, I truly appreciate all your help..

ps.[/emoticons/emotion-3.gif)] to be honest with you, during the test drive, I was in first gear, throttled it up a little late in the rpm band, got to the Rev Limiter in no time, I thought, wow that came fast, then I snapped it into second...LOL, let the games begin....that thing pulled like a team of horny mules........OUTSTANDING[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
ROGER, KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU CAN EASILY LOWER THE BIKE APPX 2" WHICH HELPS ON 1 OF THE ISSUES AND WITH A DIFFERENT HANDLE BAR AND GETTING RID OF THE SIDE SCOOPS MAY DO IT FOR YOU. by THE WAY, IT FELT WIDE FOR ME IN THE SEAT TILL I WAS ON IT FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS AND THEN SHAVED THE SEAT. choptop

·
Registered
872 Posts
It felt massive and powerfull the first time I sat on it as well, but that is what drew me to it. Sorta mad me feel like I was Mad Max and all I needed was a stip of tarmac and a sawed off shotgun and leathers. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif With the prices that are out there right now 8999 and so...it is an incredible deal. The engine would cost nearly 6 just to buy a 102. But like BillH said. There are lots of great bikes out there. Maybe you should checkout the MeanStreak? Not as powerfull but has better fuel injection so I hear and a more comfortable ride.

Let us know what you decide and why. It would be interesting to hear!!!!

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
wow, that has to be a first for me. i haven't see or heard from anybody that decided against buying the War after riding it! oh well, hope ya find what suits you!

Good luck,

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Roger,
It take's quite a few hour's in the saddle to get comfortable with any bike. It was the same with me and my Warrior, but like a woman it was "LUST" / "LOVE" at first sight. I had to have her! There is no imbetween with the Warrior!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by redbullssg

wow, that has to be a first for me. i haven't see or heard from anybody that decided against buying the War after riding it! oh well, hope ya find what suits you!

Good luck,
Its not that I didn`t like the bike, I loved the bike, I`m not very tall so being stopped at the lights or if I got into a tight spot, I may have a little trouble with it.
Not a possition I want to put myself in.
I actually have more footing on a FatBoy then that of a warrior and its a big wide bike as well.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I lowered mine and it made a huge difference, before I was on my tip toes and now I am flat footed with knees bent. Keep this in mind if you really like the bike, it is very easy to lower. Whatever you choose Ride Safe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by rivaeric

I lowered mine and it made a huge difference, before I was on my tip toes and now I am flat footed with knees bent. Keep this in mind if you really like the bike, it is very easy to lower. Whatever you choose Ride Safe.

What all did you do to it to attain the lower height?

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
There is a mod that you can do with existing parts. Involves some grinding and flipping of the relay arm. I chose to buy the kit from Pacific Coast Star. It was $89.00 delivered to my door. Not to difficult of an install. It took me 2 hours, because I'm an idiot. But others on this site have done it in an hour or less. There website ishttp://www.pacificcoaststar.com/pcs/index.htm

BTW, Roger, I am 5'6" and couldn't flat foot, but rode my 4000 miles and smoked off the stock tire before I even lowered it. I loved my Warrior before, now I can't get enough of it. It's low, mean and lean. The bike feels a lot less wide with some more time in it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I lowered my rear end with a a new shock relay arm made by Barons, it took about 45 minutes to install. I then slid my forks up in the triple clamps to lower the front end, this took about 15 minutes. All in all a very quick job with great results.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hmmmmmm ... you really didnt think these guys were gonna just let you walk away from this bike now did ya ROGER, LMAO, i can see you on a Warrior YET, oh ... and LOVING IT!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
quote:Originally posted by EzGo_n

Hmmmmmm ... you really didnt think these guys were gonna just let you walk away from this bike now did ya ROGER, LMAO, i can see you on a Warrior YET, oh ... and LOVING IT!

LOL, No, I guess not, it IS an awesome machine no doubt and I can understand them completly.
BTW, I saw the pics of you and your better half, nice pics, you guys look pretty happy on that beast.
Hey, Nothing is carved in stone yet, I still find it hard to look at any other bike than the Warrior.

another 'BTW', I`m going to be in Brampton next weekend for whats to be my sons last football game of the season.
If you get a chance to drop by with the bike, please do if the weather is ok, I'd love to see it.
I`ll let you know, its not confirmed whether it is Saturday or Sunday.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hey Roger,

Like my daddy use to tell me, "Be careful you don't jump over the daiseys and land in the horse manuer". [/emoticons/emotion-3.gif)][/emoticons/emotion-3.gif)]

The bike may seem big (my first impression), but that is a visual thing when you sit on top of it and look down. Get it lowered to fit your height. It is sooooo light in its handling that once you get used to it, it will seem light to you. Tell the dealer you will buy the bike if he makes it fit you. No extra cost of course.

DNACK[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I am a big guy 6'2", and I LOVE the big Warrior. Although the airbox is gone, and the scoop is next. I love to caress[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif] the tank with my legs[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

TJ

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
these guys are right, the bike only weights in about 600lbs not like some of the others that are700-800lbs. it is balenced very well and the center of gravity is low even at stock hight. i haven't lowered mine yet , but i will be doing the cost free method, and i am sure that it will make it feel even better.

one day a couple of months ago i came to a stop at a coner with alot of gravel. i usually only put my left leg down and when i did it slipped forward twards the front tire and lost all of my leverage. i was surprised that i was still able to keep it upright. if it were one of my other bikes it would have been layin on the pavement. i am 5' 7/8" and thought the same thing when i saw it(wow that thing is hugh) once i rode it, it feels much lighter than my intruder 800..

But, it is all up to you and don't let anybody talk you into something you think that you will be unhappy with. i knew when i saw it, that i was going to own it- even though i was looking at harleys originally..

oh, by the way, check out Sangthor's gallery pics out--- the dude is doing a burn out on his tippy toes...... i don't think it will be a problem!!!![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][8D][/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts