RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy do any of you have more info on that bike at the top of the page? I'm particularly interested in the type of handlebars those are and also any other mod info Thanks in Advance Swole

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I dont know much about it, but there are more images here:
[url="http://www.seatac2000.com/warrior/>http://www.seatac2000.com/warrior/
&

·
Registered
61 Posts
That was a show bike that Yamaha had built. I dont remember if it was the original Warrior concept or if it was a custom they had built after the introduction.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
I saw this Bike at Daytona in Feb. It was built after the release to show how the Warrior could be customized and built fot show.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Well, things in eyeshot.

Welds have been ground down/smoothed. Lower control arm smoothed. Injection gone and carb in place. Cut down fork springs. Lowered rear suspension. Baron's fenders front and back. R1 brakes. Looks like and R1 rear brake mount. New headlamp. Baron's tank extensions. Seams on tank ground down.
Support groove in frame where rear fender mount was, smoothed. Braided lines. Nice wheels. lower frame rails smoothed. Nice exhaust. What else?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay Jf let's see if you are as good as you think? wink! What kind of handlebars are those? Also is that a 250 rear tire if so who's swingarm (custom/stock modified)or what?Also where is the rpm gauge and if you remove it how do you keep up with the mileage? I'm new to cruiser bike customizing not new to custom bikes and I also know guessing will cost me more than trying to find the builder or atleast a build sheet.I don't want to copy the bike but I would like to build a close rendition. Thanks for your time. Swole[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
263 Posts
The bike was built by a man named jeff pahlegy. Not sure I spelled the last name right. The bars are allegedly avalible from Arlen Ness catalog, I've been looken at em real hard myself! Harly flat track style, about $60.00. check em out at his web site, and order his crusier cat. while your at it, Im still waiting for mine!
The rear fender on the bike shown is a 1 off but theres supposed to be some business deal with Yamaha to sell it through their dealers as well as some other stuff on the bike. I sure hope so looks BAAAAD. See ya.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Palhegyi is the spelling.

Rear tire is a 250/40-18 Avon venom X.

Rear linkage is custom along with the billet tripple clamps & shortened forks. The rest has pretty much been covered.

There is a spread on it in the Jan 2002 issue of Cycle World.

Later,
Churchkey

·
Registered
756 Posts
Injection gone and carb in place.

I am seriously giving this some thought...any one have a short story about what's involved? Intake, carb, ECU changes, etc., etc., etc???

·
Registered
291 Posts
=) I'm just looking and guessing. =)

Looks like the stock swingarm if the rest of the weld work is any indication. I'm guessing he just cut and smoothed out the troubled spots to fit a 250 tire/wheel set. No rpm, no speedo, no blinkers, it's a show bike afterall. I doubt it's a runner and if it is I'd love to get his carb info. I'm guessing it's the stock triple trees too, but chromed. That tank looks like it would vibrate against the frame if you ran the thing. It's resting right up against it.
The rear brake fluid thingy (high tech term) was moved someplace. I cant see it. Horns...oooouttah there!

Pretty to look at. Hate to ride it over any bumps.

I like how putting the carb on cleaned up the wireing harness that ran on the right.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm still new to this website so if you don't recognize my name yet fine, but I'm the guy who works at Palhegyi Design. I'm not going to get into it too much, you guys seem to have this bike figured out pretty well, but I would like to start by saying that everything on that bike is ours. In most cases we design everything, then sell the designs. So if you see a bike like that with parts that look similar to Bub's or Baron's, chances are it was a one-off design by us and a similar design is being produced by them.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Wyllie

I'm still new to this website so if you don't recognize my name yet fine, but I'm the guy who works at Palhegyi Design. I'm not going to get into it too much, you guys seem to have this bike figured out pretty well, but I would like to start by saying that everything on that bike is ours. In most cases we design everything, then sell the designs. So if you see a bike like that with parts that look similar to Bub's or Baron's, chances are it was a one-off design by us and a similar design is being produced by them.

You need to start hooking us up directly as an outlet for some parts instead of waiting for one of the other manufacturers to do your parts for us. We all drooled over that pipe for months and you could have sold one to almost everybody had they been available when we first saw your silver bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know, I understand how you feel. We occasionally get phone calls from people like you and we do sympathize. But, this is our problem... We (Palhegyi Design) are not in the business of manufacturing parts. To be honest, we're not equipped, and we don't have the people. We are, very simply put, a design studio for Yamaha. We make customs, concepts, and show bikes. Most of the parts we make are produced by Yamaha, like billet. The other stuff... well... we have no control over who might want to produce something. We make a lot of deals with Baron, he's doing quite well with metric stuff right now, and we tend to use pre-existing stuff that can be modified easily, such as the Bub's pipes... we had Bub's send us raw slip-ons that we stylized to get what is now available.

We just don't need that extra business. We are so busy as it is that the Warriors we are doing for Daytona this year are coming down to the wire. Another thing is... By the time you see one of our bikes it has probably been out of our shop for several months and if plans are being made to produce parts from it, then we don't know about it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts