RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like every day i go on the raider forums..... more and more it gets me thinking about taking the warrior to the dealer to see what they will give me on a trade in for that beast...... Then i come back here and check out a few folks bikes (OhioMike's is one of them) and it brings me back to the realization that i do love this thing! That 113 does still make me drool though... Ok, i'm done venting....

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
If only that 113 would fit in the Warrior frame....

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OldMan said:
If only that 113 would fit in the Warrior frame....
That would solve my problem for sure! I have a feeling that if the warrior does "come back" in the states (being that 2010's arent on yammis page) that they may have that powerhouse!! Then i'd be in the same boat, only trading the 03 in for a 2011+...... ARGGG

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tapeworm said:
I don't know.  I just went over there and looked around.  For most of the pictures it looked like I was at a Harley dealership.  Same bike different color!!!
Yah, i spose you are right... I think its more "engine envy" then anything.... The ole warrior aint no slouch, dont get me wrong... but ****...

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
tapeworm said:
I don't know. I just went over there and looked around. For most of the pictures it looked like I was at a Harley dealership. Same bike different color!!!
uuuu, arnt warriors same bike different color? or are we talking customized? i guess i could post some pics for u, u must be sheltered

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I've never seen a Raider overhere in The Netherlands, would be cool to be the first one to ride one here. It's a very cool bike, no question about that. Still, I love the shape and the line of the Warrior better.

·
Registered
187 Posts
My buddy has one. It gets up and moves. Its nice to finally have someone who can keep up. The rake does look nice and the larger front tire I envy. I dont like all the speedo and crap by the gas tank though. As much as I like it my next bike will still be a chopper. I mean why buy the Yamaha version when I can just get the real thing.... one day.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I think the Warrrior beats the Raider all day long when it comes to looks and style. That is my opinion, only. The Warrior just has something about it. A mean lookin' machine with extremely nice lines. If I had a Raider, I am pretty sure I would still think the same thing -- the Warrior looks better. Super easy comparison for me.

Power? The Warrior has all the power I need. I have no need for faster acceleration or faster top speed, than what my Warrior offers me. Not to say that I'm not looking forward to installing my new VBAK. Would I like to be able to say that my motorcycle has a 113ci (or even larger) motor? Of course. But I simply don't require it.

I absolutely would not trade my Warrior for a Raider. I might change my opinion in a couple years, but I don't think so. I say be happy with what you have. Become an ultra-skilled rider on your Warrior, and you'll be able to out-ride 95% of Raider riders out there. That's what I tell myself, anyway. : )

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
When the Raider wasn't available yet and you could only read motorcycle magazine reviews about it or see it on the Star web site i really liked the Raider and couldn't wait to see one in person. I kept checking my local dealer from time to time and inquire as to when he would get one. Finally the dealer had gotten one in. I really liked it and thought it was a nice addition to the Star line up. I liked it and still like it but not enough to sell or trade my Warrior in for.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
06_warrior said:
When the Raider wasn't available yet and you could only read motorcycle magazine reviews about it or see it on the Star web site i really liked the Raider and couldn't wait to see one in person. I kept checking my local dealer from time to time and inquire as to when he would get one. Finally the dealer had gotten one in. I really liked it and thought it was a nice addition to the Star line up. I liked it and still like it but not enough to sell or trade my Warrior in for.

Ditto! I'll buy one outright when I'm rich and keep my Warrior!

·
Registered
664 Posts
The Raider is a nice looking bike, but i actually got a chance to ride a demo 1...and all i can say is that I think i'll keep my Warrior. To it's credit though, it was a little more comfortable.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gchalifo said:
 hmmm, wonder what the wifey would say about trading...I love the rake and look of the Raider. Hmmmmm
See, i think thats what i also like about it! But then i look at some bikes here and im like... hmmmmmmm.. The warrior with a rake looks better then the Raider IMHO...

·
Registered
252 Posts
My buddy has a red Raider. It's nice, comfy and is a powerhouse of an engine however it's heavier than the Warrior and IMHO doesn't look as good as the warrior so I'm sticking with what I got.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
It's too late for me to start over. I like the 21" font wheel most, but I've seen a couple that were real slick. I'm with Kdub though, my next ride will have a WCC Dominator frame no matter what the powerplant. I almost bought an Ironhorse to get that project started, but decided to save up for a diesel truck instead. Maybe by then I'll be too old to do stupid stuff on it!

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
DutchWarrior said:
I've never seen a Raider overhere in The Netherlands, would be cool to be the first one to ride one here. It's a very cool bike, no question about that. Still, I love the shape and the line of the Warrior better.
I had never seen one here either. Finally spotted one at the Ace cafe a few weeks ago and based on what it LOOKS like, I prefer the warrior too.

The other thing that surprised me was (compared to my bike) how big and bulky it looked.

To me the Raider looks much more like a traditional japanese "cruiser" ....where the warriors fits into .... well .... a catagory of it's own.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
I kinda like them. I can't stand the exhaust but who cares? That would get replaced anyway. Couldn't stand the exhaust on the Warrior, either. Or on my current bike for that matter. I'd be a little concerned about handling on the Raider with that raked front-end but it does look cool and yeah the motor is badass. I think it would make a good around-town bar-hopping kinda bike if you get into that stuff.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts