RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike isn't fixed and nobody seems to have a date on the parts. Looking at the posts it seems that there may have been an actual failure or two.

I called the NHTSA and they told me that under recall rules the manufacturer has 60 days to affect repair. They're over.1-888-327-4236

I called the State Attorney Generals office and they have a 30 day limit for repairs to be completed.

I'm going Lemon Law on em.

The State Attorney General said I only have to send Yamaha a letter requesting an arbitration hearing.

It's going in the mail later tonight.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good luck with the lemon law. I have also spoke with the AG office in WA. I have yet to request an arbitration hearing. The other part of the lemon law is that you can get them to replace or repurchase the warrior. There is a discount for miles if you go this route. The last word I had from one of the shops in Spokane was that it would be May before they got any parts. You know, parts going to warmer climates first....What ever rep they talk to keeps changing the story.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BigA,
Thanks, nothing of this nature is ever easy or works as well as you would like but I figure it has to be done. If I don't my bike is useless. Maybe through arbitration I can get them to ship a new motor.
I actually purchased the bike at Beaverton Honda so I have to go thru Oregon's AG.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
According to a friend of mine - don't shoot me - I am just the messenger -- you can't go "Lemon Law" with this issue becuase this was a FEDERAL-instigated (NHTSA) recall. If your lawyer, etc. are telling you you've got a case, I wish you luck.

·
Registered
55 Posts
JimB In all of my correspondence with the WA state AG's lemon law office, they never mentioned that it made a difference about how the recall came to be. Pretty specific rules. 3 tries to fix,or out of use for 30 days from when it was originally diagnosed. WA state requires you to send a letter to the manufacurer stating that you want the vehicle replaced or repurchased. I would think if they declined, they you have to go the arbitration route. It is sad that this is the way it has to be done.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
According to the nice lady at the NHTSA on the phone, the manufacturer only has 60 days to complete a repair under their rules.

SO---

It would seem that Yamaha is now in violation of the federal rules, that leave the owner open to other means of damage recovery.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the interest of disclosing my intentions to the group,

I'm getting a 2004 Warrior no matter what. All the custom parts will be transfered over by someone. And I will never ride this same engine again, fixed or not.

The only exception to this would be if Yamaha supplies me with a brand new motor for my current bike.

·
Registered
739 Posts
buflow-

please keep me posted on this topic. i'm at my wits end with these jack offs, i'm about to go lemon as well. let me know what they do for you as i live in WA also.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Coug, If you're thinkin about moving this direction get started IMMEDIATLY. You could always back away at arbitration. You know this process won't be fast.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Well - this should make you guys feel better - my father-in-law bought a 2004 SE500 Mercedes wagon about 6 weeks ago. First thing that "went" on it was the electric tailgate. The other morning, he comes out and the body of the car is sitting on top of the Michelins. The front "lifters" crapped out. Guess what? NO PARTS! It's in a shop, waiting for the parts to be made in Germany. Estimated wait time - 30 days. He's looking into Lemon Law as well. You pay $69,000 for a car - it shouldn't be doing this. - Jim

P.S. - no rental offered. He's pissed.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I already went to a lawyer. In Louisiana they have 90 days or 3 try's to fix it but if the bike was in 2 times before or for 10 days the Yamaha is required by law to provide a rental or rental reimbursement (which they have refused to do). Once 90 days has passed they must replace the bike with a new one of equal or greater value or buy yours back at the full retail value at the time of the sale plus TTL and any dealer prep plus mods and labor less a reasonable usage charge. Last if you bought the bike in Louisiana as a toy then you are entitled to reimbursement for your loss of enjoyment.

My goal is to get my bike back, which has been locked up and has been for the past 70 days and to have a warranty. I asked Yamaha if they were going to offer warranty on the work done and they told me NO! So guys if you pick your bike up and 30 days later it grenades because the dealer missed something then you are out a bike!

·
Registered
28 Posts
is anyone still riding thier warrior while dealer waits on parts.i ride the crap out of mine,for $12000 it is not sitting in the garage. i put a 210 0n the back of mine
un belevable, looks good
if anyone is looking for after market turn lights cycle gear has lots cool ones

·
Registered
169 Posts
Cold weather or not, I thought about Lemon Law'ing this thing too. But bikes aren't covered in Michigan ...

1st batch of parts are here in Detroit; waiting for R* 5th gear.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I ride mine the way i rode it since i bought it, like i stoled it.
Ofcourse Yamaha does'nt want you riding it cause liability reasons.
But be realistic, how many 02 Warriors out there that you know had the cir clip come out and got into an accident? Don't get me wrong yeah i take this serious, but i don't think am in danger if i ride my Warrior till it gets the recall done. Unfourtunatly it's frustrating to most of us, but the way i see it is that we don't have control of this situation. So like i say i'll ride it till they call me.
Good luck

quote:Originally posted by realrider

is anyone still riding thier warrior while dealer waits on parts.i ride the crap out of mine,for $12000 it is not sitting in the garage. i put a 210 0n the back of mine
un belevable, looks good
if anyone is looking for after market turn lights cycle gear has lots cool ones

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Buflow: Wish this was not happening to you or everyone else, especially up North where part are moving slower. I can totally see your view about not riding the same engine. Just incase things don't go your way and the engine is repaired and you are stuck with it I wanted to remind everyone that my engine was first rebuilt with a R* 1600 recall kit to a point where it was 90% put back together. Then torn down again and the same guy installed my S* parts once the RSW kit was received. It was in the shop for two weeks apart and on the lift.

The great news is I have now got all that past me and had a custom map done a couple days ago. That was nearly 2 hours on the dyno at severe engine loading. I was really really worried about the engine becasue of what happen during the recall and just pictured it blowing up. Well the engine performed flawless and posted great numbers. Now I have REAL good confidence in my motor and am really enjoying the new beast.

Wish you the best

1 - 16 of 16 Posts