RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
the best is really what you like...i have the same bike and went with the yammi warrior bend bars , it gives me more of a reach..im not into t-bars, most riders do use them..

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
How tall are ya?
Riding style & riding position?

Many styles/vendors to pick from. Best bet would be to check out the gallery to see all the different bars people have on the Warrior.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
you have to consider the reach you have and if you put on extentions
and what kind of seat you have then you get to guess like the rest of us!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
i had the same bars on my 04' they looked like
small ape hangers, but the **** things were comfortable
for a long trip, i wanted a wide look, so got some Barons
kong bars, see my pic in the gallery, alot of guys like the
double T bars, just too-chopper for my taste, you need to go
to a big gathering of warriors so you can sit on other bikes,
and try them out for feel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got my 05 so that I could both cook the twisties and putt through the wood lined lanes. Didn't like the stock bars for putting. Put on Yahama's pull back option but when they are mounthed so that they clear the tank they are so high my wrists are always cocked. Do not recommend them at all and I have discounted set if anyone wants them.

Anyone using a retro set of bars with a 35 to 38 inch span? If so what do you think of them and whose are they? What cables and electronics did you have to change out?

Harvey22

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I run road star bars with 5&1/2 pullbacks from jp cycles. Love it for cruising. Longer front brake lines & everything else is stock length.
Joe (5'11")

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello, the T-bar really looks good on the bike - however, its vibrates pretty bad at high speed - around 65mph and up. Is there a way to min. the vibration? Anyway, T-bar looks good.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I've got the Baron's Star Bars with Yamaha 3" risers. I cut off 2" off each end of the bars. Really comfy for me, 5'7".

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'v got Barons Raduis bars. I like the look and they are pretty comfy to (I'm 180 cm). They are pre drilled for internal wiering, you just have to lengthen the cables a couple of inches. Brake and clutch works with stock length.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
quote:Originally posted by WarriorSwede

I'v got Barons Raduis bars. I like the look and they are pretty comfy to (I'm 180 cm). They are pre drilled for internal wiering, you just have to lengthen the cables a couple of inches. Brake and clutch works with stock length.

How do the Radius bars feel compared to standard? Do they make you stretch more to the bars?

·
Registered
747 Posts
They are pretty pulled back, I can't remember how the stockers where but I'm more comfortable now.
I used to have dragbars on straight risers but they killed my back. Now I can ride all day with no problems.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Another rhetorical question!!!

Your best bet is to see how you feel, or want to feel, around the stock bars. Take some measurements, say, you want the new bars to sit 1" higher with 2.5" of pull back, and maybe 3" narrow. Find the bars that appeal to your liking, double Ts, risers with new bars, etc. and put the #s all together to get the combo you like.

I had the Baron's drag bars, which were a 4.5" straight rise, almost zero pull back, and were ~33" wide. Good for around town, but not so fun in the twisties. The pull back didn't help my back at all, and was setup for short rides around town.

Now, I have the CP 1.5" bars. Similar to the stock bars(in specs), with the slight feeling of leaning forward to grab the bars. They fit real nice with the stock controls, and look absolutely sweet in person. It matches the stoutness of the overall Warrior image.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I don't have a long reach but I like the Yami 6" Risers and the Drag Bar you can get to go with them from Yami also. I am 5'10" and end up with a slight bend in my arms...best bet is to find bikes like ours in the dealers that have changed the bars and sit on them to get a feel for them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
On my 2004 Warrior, I tried the Barons Bomber Bars (I am 6'3"), and hated the reach. Went to the Yamaha Warrior "Double T" Fat Bars (STR-5PX75-12-00) like them. On the Wifes 2002 Warrior (She is 5'8") went to the six inch handlebar riser (STR-5PX75-50-07)and a 1' Bikini Beach Bar (0601-017/emoticons/emotion-11.gif then cut it down to 23 3/4'. The stock cables had to be re-routed and the wireing extended. Went from ten inchs of pull back, to twelve inchs of pull back for her on her '02. Just keep trying various combinations until you get the ones you like.

·
Registered
9 Posts
On my 2004 Warrior, I tried the Barons Bomber Bars (6'3"), hated. Went to the Yamaha Warrior "Double T" Fat Bars (STR-5PX75-12-00) like them. On the Wifes 2002 Warrior (She is 5'8") went to the six inch handlebar riser (STR-5PX75-50-07)and a 1' Bikini Beach Bar (0601-017/emoticons/emotion-11.gif then cut it down to 23 3/4'. The stock cables had to be re-routed and the wireing extended. Went from ten inchs of pull back, to twelve inchs of pull back for her.

·
Registered
74 Posts
for me the best bars are the stock ones i put the yamaha double t bar on my bike and the dam things kept on geting lose on me it turned out that the threded grub screws were to far up in the bars so the risers would crack the washer in between the bar and the metal sleve inside the riser bushing terible design in my opinion

1 - 20 of 21 Posts