RS Warrior Forum banner
  • Warrior of the Quarter Challenge 23Q1! Enter your bike HERE
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve been floating around since 2005, when I picked up an 04 and fell in love. Fast forward a few years and I picked one up under a new name from a member on here. I’ve spent the last 2 years trying to take the perfect stock bike, and change it…. Finally finished…. Except for the brake lines and cables..( I need a rear set of brake lines)… power commander, eibach rear spring Replaced the innards of the fronts, new shinkos front and rear, blaster x tail light, Barnett clutch conversion, turn indicators, grips and handlebars, and Morton executioners exhaust….. the last bit of the puzzle is the 33t sprocket I need to install. To everyone who has helped me get here thank you, and here is my bike to prove I have one …..
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Fuel tank Wheel Tire Automotive fuel system Vehicle

· [Retired Admin-SuperMod]
32,040 Posts
Nice hot rod. Looks like stock intakes. Which power commander do you use, and which map?! How loud are the pipes! You've done a lot, will the back brake lines be done in time to ride come spring?

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice hot rod. Looks like stock intakes. Which power commander do you use, and which map?! How loud are the pipes! You've done a lot, will the back brake lines be done in time to ride come spring?
I have a church key vback…. Left the cover because I havent found anything to put over it…. For now it’s looks…. The power commander is a PC3, I took the map from here and adjusted it over the last 3 months to fit my bike and the deceleration popping. I’ve ruled out doing anything else to the bike because of Ivan’s flash, I’ve witnessed some people struggle to get the bike back to where it was. I’ve spent allot of time trying to fine tune it…. I had a friend of mine who owns a shop help with it too.

· [Retired Admin-SuperMod]
32,040 Posts
I have a church key vback…. Left the cover because I havent found anything to put over it…. For now it’s looks…. The power commander is a PC3, I took the map from here and adjusted it over the last 3 months to fit my bike and the deceleration popping. I’ve ruled out doing anything else to the bike because of Ivan’s flash, I’ve witnessed some people struggle to get the bike back to where it was. I’ve spent allot of time trying to fine tune it…. I had a friend of mine who owns a shop help with it too.
Oh, excellent news, the vbak frees-up the incoming air and the exhaust let's it out. Nice air pump situation.

I understand the source of your wanting to dial-in the power commander before adding Ivan's. At the same time, those who have troubles are the minority, most have a plug-in and map experience without needing TPS adjustment. With that exhaust, I have no idea where your experience will take you. But if it's the TPS tweak you're worried about, a qualified local shop can adjust it to Ivan's electrical spec.

A lot depends on exactly what power commander 3 you have. Check the Fuel Managers section in the Documentation forum for PC3 (PCiii) and compare the electrical connections to yours. Including look for any Perfect Install (in the same section). Once you know what version you have, and its installed state, you can follow the needed path to successfully map.

BTW in your case you should also look for any signs of ECU BUMP (info in same area in Fuel Managers). This is just looking for wiring indicators that might indicate a Bump was done at some time in the past. Post-up your findings here and get suggestions of best way to proceed. Sometimes you get many suggestions. But by the time we wade through them with you, it's common that one rises to the top.

· Premium Member
5,812 Posts
I got a tune from an old member here that had retuned his bike a few times and lived a few hours away from me and had the same set up. It ran great with minimal to almost no popping. I decided to do Ivan's and it was great as it completed what was missing like low speed drivability, smoother around town and across the rev range ect.....I tried without the PC3 like he wanted and ran it like that for a few weeks but noticed it just wasn't as "crisp" as it was before. So I re-installed it and just like that the bike was 110%. I would just think of twisting the throttle and it was instantaneously rip and roar with no delay. Now it would scream past 4.5K when before it was kinda like falling off a bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts