RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
40 years ago I had hair too. I also had a body, don’t know what happened to that. I also didn’t have grey hair lol this was taken in 1979 and yes I was in the RAAF.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Every dude in the RAAF had a Mo .. not everyone had a pretty girl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I found out a bit more about Bumblebee when I was down at Spartan Warriors to get my new tins. The swing arm has had a conversion done and it can take up to a 300 rear wheel. The lowering was done with two flat steel bars ( don’t know exact name ). Also found out that it has the heavier spring installed. So that was nice to know. Peter the owner of Spartan said the previous owner wanted it done, so Peter did all the work. With regards to the seat. I went for a two hour ride yesterday and it was so comfortable. I feel like I’m more sitting in the bike than on the bike, it was worth the $300 I payed. I was also blown away with all the compliments I got. I went for a coffee and when I got back to the bike 4 guys were standing around her. I felt a bit threatened, but I sucked it up lol. They complimented on the pain job and then asked “ what the **** is it lol “. They said they thought it was a Harley. I just said “not hardly lol”. They thought it was a new model and were surprised when I told them that she was 15 yrs old. So it was a good outing of the new 05 Warrior.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yes even in pre Bumblebee days I would pull up at a servo. I’d fill up then park for a while, have a coffee and a smoke and give my butt a rest. Perfect strangers would walk up and say “ that is one nice looking bike” to which I’d reply with a thanks. Then they would say “ man that is one fat tyre” I usually just nod. Then some would say “ it’s a Harley, right” I would say no. Then they would ask what is it? I would then say “ it’s a Road Star Warrior also known as an XV1700.“. Then they would say “ you mean a 1.7 litre?”. I’d answer yes and then some would say “**** man that’s a bigger motor than my car”.? They would then say that they had never heard of it before and then ask who makes it. I just matter of factly say “Yamaha”. Wow man I’m going to keep an eye out and buy one the next time I go to a Yamaha dealer. I then have to pour damp water on their enthusiasm and tell them they aren’t made anymore. Even thought it’s good for the ego I’m thinking of doing one of two things. 1. When they ask a question, I give them a prerecorded answer. That way while they are getting prerecorded answers I can go and have a leak. Or 2. When they ask a question I give them a card showing each answer before they ask it. That way I can also have a leak and another coffee lolol. In all honesty I love it lolol😎😎

·
Registered
691 Posts
You Stryder have a way with words .. I’ll wait for the autographed book on ‘My Life with a Warrior’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Remember that the other tank will have a different tumbler and key. Hopefully you plan to swap fuel caps so you only need one key. If helpful alanh posted a good DIY for this tricky prodecure.
Yes AZ the tank cap came off the white tank and went on the yellow one😎😎🐝

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks Infidel, blown away by the positive comments I have received here and when I’m out and about.😎😎🐝

21 - 33 of 33 Posts