RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

NewB here, just wondering what others in my position would be planning on doing. at a dealer up in Wisconsin here, there are two warriors. the first being a red 2006 with 1400Mi. a PC, Vance&Hines exhaust, speed star intake, and some others. they want essentally 11K. there is also a titanium warrior 2004, with 14.000Mi. Pc, again V&C pipes, lowering kit front and rear, and peg extentions. they want 8200K for that bike.

I'm planning on financing either bike with about 3000 down. and looking at a 5 year loan which would be about 8.5%.

WHAT WOULD YOU'ALL DO?

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
If you dont plan on selling the bike for years and years to come then, get the 04. 3k difference could get you a 240-260 rear, new grips, lower chin spoiler, VBAK (Very Big Air Kit), some custom right/left side covers, and more depending on how frugal you are.

The only difference between years would be the radially mounted front brakes, 5 spoke wheels instead of 3, and steal braided front brake lines. While the brakes do make a difference, unless your running like a maniac the standard brakes should be fine.

And welcome to the best **** forum on the web!

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
i think i would keep looking [:0] those prices sound kinda high[B)] check out member condrons bike, its for sale in the classifieds but if you already have your financing set up with this dealer i personally would go with the newer, lower mileage bike, but thats just me[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] p.s. what they are asking and what they actually will sell the bike for are two different things, the economy is slow so dont be afraid to low ball them

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would haggle with 'em or keep looking, but if you have to buy one of the two, the red '06 everyone knows is the fastest[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Prices seem on the high side for both. If you like getting down in the turns, might want to pass on the lowered bike.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
gtpracr99,

I definitely wouldn't get the RED Warrior...Their the slowest Warriors of them all...The titanium Warrior is slightly faster then the RED Warrior, but not by much.

Of course the Midnight Warriors are the fastest...But since you're only choices are RED and titanium. You better go with the titanium...[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Y'all know I'm just kidding...Right!?[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][/emoticons/emotion-4.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Except for the part that the Midnight Warriors are the fastest...[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Seriously...It's up to you...Depends on how long you plan to keep the bike and what all you want to do to the bike. Sounds like the 04 has a little more mods done and is cheaper in price, so there's some cash left over for additional mods. I'd see if the dealer would let you ride both of them and see which one feels best to you. It's really up to you, dude...

Best of luck!

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Haggle some whichever bike you decide on, but I think I might lean towards the '04. You could buy some mods for the difference then talk the dealer into installing them at no charge as part of the deal.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
quote:Originally posted by MadMan

gtpracr99,

I definitely wouldn't get the RED Warrior...Their the slowest Warriors of them all...The titanium Warrior is slightly faster then the RED Warrior, but not by much.

Of course the Midnight Warriors are the fastest...But since you're only choices are RED and titanium. You better go with the titanium...[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Y'all know I'm just kidding...Right!?[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][/emoticons/emotion-4.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Except for the part that the Midnight Warriors are the fastest...[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Seriously...It's up to you...Depends on how long you plan to keep the bike and what all you want to do to the bike. Sounds like the 04 has a little more mods done and is cheaper in price, so there's some cash left over for additional mods. I'd see if the dealer would let you ride both of them and see which one feels best to you. It's really up to you, dude...

Best of luck!

Mark aka Mad Man

I had a lot of respect for you until this. I happen to know the red warrior is the. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just got rid of my learner, and i plan on keeping this bike for 5+ years. My biggest desiding on any bike is the gas milage, as i will be doing about 60 miles round trip per day; not to mention the awesomeness of the warrior in general. It's kinda nice, that i have some big fudge factors to my side, first, being my buddy has a rhino, grizzleys and sleds which are all yamaha, and he has all of them serviced at this dealer. Next, my pops has a griz. and a sled, yamaha, again serviced at this location, and then i would have it serviced at their shop more for the warranty, and with repair prices at the rate they are, i amagine that he may budge a bit. I am a firefighter, and the red kinda trips my trigger, and it has the rally stripes on the tank, looks pretty nice. all i really plan on doing to the bike would be a 108-110 engine kit, and yes maybe a fatty.

I'm leaning towards the red more and more, especally considering there are 10 times the miles on the 2 year older bike. more consideration will be greatly apprecieated.

thanks

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
Then there you go. Your mind is made. The red it is.

As for gas mileage, a 1700cc engine will NOT be very friendly on gas. Most of us get around 100 miles till the reserve lite comes on. Being that the bike only holds "about" 3.5-4 gallons that works out to about 33mpg if your not too hard on the throttle.

As for maintenance, if you have a garage or large enough shed, most maint can be done yourself without needing to take it to a dealer. Fluid changes are easy.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I would make him budge on the price!I gave $11,300.00 out the door for my 06 brand new out of the crate in 06 with V&H Bigshots added!I think I would try to negotiate some IMHO.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I think they're asking too much for both bikes. Didn't someone say recently they bought a new Warrior for around 11K? Find that, document it, go back to the dealer, beat down the price by more than 2 grand and get the red one - if I had two Warriors the other one would be red.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jabo

quote:Originally posted by MadMan

gtpracr99,

Best of luck!

Mark aka Mad Man

gtpracr99, dont listen to him! RED warrior are the best! He just jelious since the only color he has on his bike is his tank badge which is RED. He did later though get a RED flag that looks cool! [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]
Madman, you be silly! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-1.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

I kind of agree with Daveinoregon. I think both bike are a bit too high priced. If you look around you can find good deals on 07 on clearance right about now. Check out the topic below to see what im talking about. Good Luck! [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]
http://rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=63201

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well, other than a 240 section rear tire, and some other little kinks and twirks that i would want to make it personal, both bikes have what i want, and the lowering dosent matter for me, mostly

·
Registered
28 Posts
where i am there is a 1500.00 cash back if you buy an 07. it should be national. they have a lot left over a new one is 12000 less the 1500 and you have a new bike for the same as the old ones

1 - 20 of 24 Posts