RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I write this in suffering from a pinch sciatic nerve. Already had one course of cortisone, but now have to wait another week for the next one. The first only lasted two weeks. Anyway reason for post. I have been everywhere to get quotes for my tank to be fixed. They all seem to come in around $1,100AUD. Included with the cost is the new paint job. To me it doesn’t look that big a job, but seeing how I can’t do it myself I have no choice. I happen to be talking to the Warrior mechanic down in the Gold Coast about it. I was also going to ask him about purchasing one of the new tanks he has, but he is keeping those for insurance work on Warriors. Anyway a little while later he calls me and tells me about a set of tins he has. Front/rear fenders and tank. He said they are in perfect condition as they were painted by the same guy who painted mine ( was happy about that ). He said that he knew I was happy having the only white Warrior, but would I be happy with another one only colour. As I have to pay tax on my disability pension and it now being tax time I would have some spare cash. He sent me pictures and I spent a day looking at the pictures. There was no way I could afford the straight up price, but with trading my tins dropped the price by $700AUD. So for $400 more than what it would cost to repair my tank I will become the proud owner of the only Yellow and Black Warrior.

·
Registered
506 Posts
It’s growing on me Bob, Go The Tigers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol Tigers be buggered lol she will be a 🐝 with plenty of sting lol.
The white go me heaps of compliments so I’m hoping the same for this.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Or even a hornet. Nice touch seeing as we are both ex RAAF. As a side bar. I thought I’d have a little fun with the f***wit who pranged my bike. He asked me yesterday how the bike was going. I told him that I have put it on the market. He looked shocked and asked if I was going to get another bike. I said that I was going to get a “Raider” lol. So when the bike leaves here white and returns with the new colours he won’t know any different. It burns him deep that I ride a 1700, it will burn him more thinking I’m riding a 1900. He rides an 883 Sportster. He keeps talking about putting a 1200 kit in, but he is all talk. Man kharma is sooo sweet lol.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hornet suits it ... won’t mention Horny oops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
506 Posts
It was meant to be .. matches the storage crates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Yeah it seems a bit messy to me. My statement about the only white or yellow warrior is limited to Australia only. I sort of wish I could afford the license plate ( $450 ) as it reads stinger. Also the 57 means nothing to me as I was born in 56 lol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts