RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I got my Warrior in summer of '08. Brand new. First "off the showroom floor" thing I've ever bought and I love it.

But some things need to change.

-I already went with a roadhouse slip-on which I think sounds absolutly incredible. I also did the ecu adjust.

-I have my tail light boxed up and ready to ship to M.D. Wright

-Also have a spare seat which i'm sending to American Soft Seats to get some work done. I was going to do it myself but my planned shop construction hasn't happened yet. Have to outsource I guess.

The thing is, I'm 6'5" 255# and I need some more room. Don't have a whole lot of money to spend at the moment so here's what i'm thinking.

-I'm looking at a set of extenders that just take your controls and move them 5 or 6 inches forward. Come with extension to reconnect the control rods. Just want some opinions on this or if anyone has any better ideas that wont cost me $300+

-I also would like my grips to be about 3 inches higher and maybe 2+ inches pulled back. How far can I go without having to replace my cables and such? Suggested risers or bars? Any input would be great. I've been modifieing cars, trucks, quads, etc. for years but I'm new to the motorcycle realm.

Thanks guys.

Jesse

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Stop now while you still can.

It's addicting and you will not be able to stop buying mods for her.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the extenders and, while not as tall as you are, I will never go back.

Haven't messed too much withdifferent handlebars, but did go with the OEM straight bars with medium risers and love them.

Good luck with only keeping to these mods!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha oh these aren't the only ones. Not by a long shot. They're just what I consider to be more important than the others that are coming, as they effect my comfort while riding.

As soon as the funds are available there will be a v-bak + coil relocation and a PCIII. As well as true forward controls.

Getting rid of the gladiator shield and air box for that clean "naked" look(everybody likes naked, haha)

Also going to go with some internally wired bars(don't know what yet but that wont be this summer) and stainless lines.

Once I get my shop up and running all **** is gonna break loose. Be painting the tins, stitch up a nice seat cover and maybe some rear end work; Wider tire, hidden master cylinder then it will be time for some engine mods. Yea, I caught the mod bug when I was a toddler. haha I just jump from one type of vehicle to the next.

But for now, I guess I'll have to stick to the basics.

how tall are your extenders? By extenders, do you mean risers or is there something else?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts