RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before anyone jumps all over me, I did try the search engine.

I recently bought a KrankVent after I noticed seepage around the cylinder head cover (I have a VBAK and the seepage was seperate from the usual crankcase mist).

I finally got around to installing my KV today. Then I went for a ride. Upon returning, I saw fit to check my oil and noticed the cap seemed to be on tight. In fact, I had to use a wrench to break the oil filler cap free. As I opened the cap, I could hear gurgling and I saw the oil in the filler neck drop back into the tank.The KV, as advetized, does in fact create a vacuum.

I installed the KV by attaching the supplied hose to the rear cyclinder breather, then ranthe other end under the seat. I then attached the KV, andthen routedsome clear tubing from theKV into a small glass bottle (to collect theoil mist). I know the oil tank is connected to the crankcase and all. The engine is running fine and the oil mist is collecting in the glass bottle.The vacuum makes sensebecause the KV is a check valve.

My question:willthevaccumm adversely affect the flow of oil in the engine.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I ordered a crank vent the other day. Still waiting for it to come in. I ordered it to stop oil seapage around my push rod tube. Hopefuly this works, if not, then I know it's a jacked up seal and the dealer will fix it.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
" My question:willthevaccumm adversely affect the flow of oil in the engine."

No.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Church. Soit'snormal to get the "sucking/gurgle" sound whenever I check my oil?

Fake,as far as I can tell, it's working. I did some WOT starts today and had no problems.

·
Super Moderator
5,819 Posts
Yes,I think it is normal,but I think you are maybe checking your oil a little to quick after riding. You have to let it set for a little while I think. That's why you are hearing the noise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts