RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warriors on the rack....sure hurt to see it like that but had to be. Dealer was kind enough to let me have "peek"........

Image Insert:

Little black thing is the circlip....mine looked fine after 8000 miles.

Image Insert:

Sure hurt to see this....hope he remembers where everything goes.[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

Image Insert:

Image Insert:

its a big mutha.....

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
*sigh*
I am nervous about mine going to the local shop this weekend.

Seeing those pics, with the pistons totally out, makes me pissed at my dealer for trying to get 2.5 hours labor to swap in HC pistons!

Arses.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the pics, but I'm not sure I want to see mine that way. I'm getting old enough, I might have a heart attack !

And only 90 day parts warranty? Bull S--t !!!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Shouldn't that case and jugs/heads be on shop rags to keep the scratches down? Maybe I'm just anal but my bike has NO scratches and if it is to get scratched, it should be by me.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Thanks for the pics. While it's apart, there have been requests to get the circlip 'mic'd'. Any possibility of you getting measurements from the dealer while the thing is apart (and the difference between replaced and new)?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll certainly ask.... the new one is already back in.... I'm sure he can mic the old one. They give you a whole new "shaft" that it's on with the kit. Should pick up the bike tomorrow. Will post after the ride home.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's not so much the circlip that was the problem the i.d. on the 4th gear had too much slop resulting in vibrations. Some of you complained about a 4th gear vibration in earlier threads. This would cause the clip to fail. So now you have a stronger clip and 4th gear w/ the proper i.d.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
That just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, kinda sick to my stomach. Mine is going backtogether today.

Like phlegm said "FIND A HAPPY PLACE, FIND A HAPPY PLACE"

AAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
ditto yamatized, where's the "cardboard or other protective material", the Yamaha Technical bulletin calls out those items to protect the engine finish

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hope everything turns out good for ya', longdrives. Most of us are gonna go through the same thing. Hope my "dealer of choice" does a good job. No way to know until many future miles are put on the odometer. [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

·
Registered
455 Posts
I think I'm gonna PUKE! Quick I need anesthesia.
The thought of my local 16 year old dealer mechanic ------My bike------I need a beer.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
CarKnee- I thought the same thing when I read through the tech bulletin. Not sure why dealers are charging for the piston swap.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Definately looks like more than 9.5 hours of work there. Ecspecially if they take care of you and detail the engine while its out.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts