RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before the recall came along I had been sitting reading everything on this site for about a year but just couldn't persuade myself to part with any money for modifications [:I]. I also had no confidence in my mechanical ability to make any modifications as its been so long since I've done anything mechanical [:0](i.e. my last lot of stuff like this was when I was a mad 17 year old with an RD350 [B)]).

The opportunity to upgrade to high compression pistons for $300 with no labour did the trick for me. Once I'd overcome the fact that I had to do this or I was missing a golden opportunity, going the whole hog was easy. Now I'm waiting for parts like everyone else but I'm happy with it, its exciting.

Heres my list of mods that managed to make it into the 'recall' (read 'overhaul'):
OE HC 10.25:1 pistons
PCIII USB
PR air kit
S* 2-1-2 pipe
Barons AIS blockoff
Yamaha Mini Fairing
Yamaha passenger backrest
Easy brackets & bags

Who else has taken the opportunity to drain the bank account and have some fun? [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

I also thought that It was rather handy (dubious) that Yamaha notified of the recall just as winter was setting in ... think about it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
OE 108 big bore with the 10:50s, cam kit, ported/polished heads, ported exhaust, PR high air flow kit. The Harley fellas at work went glassy eyed when I told them.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
OE 108 kit, all the head work money can buy, exhaust port work, OE CAM kit and for some icing on the cake, NOS kit. I haven't told any of my Harley buddies and will not tell them, they can find out when I show up. I'm not even gonna address the cosmetic changes I'm doing but why should I, those are never, ever finished anyway (gee, and my wife reads this forum too, hi dear [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif])

·
Registered
739 Posts
i'll stand no chance keeping up with you now Dennis!! 108 kit and juice, holy crap you're nuts, but in a good way. wish i could afford to do some mods.

·
Registered
114 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Washingtonwarrior

OE 108 kit, all the head work money can buy, exhaust port work, OE CAM kit and for some icing on the cake, NOS kit. I haven't told any of my Harley buddies and will not tell them, they can find out when I show up. I'm not even gonna address the cosmetic changes I'm doing but why should I, those are never, ever finished anyway (gee, and my wife reads this forum too, hi dear [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif])

Well, hello husband [/emoticons/emotion-12.gif] SO, THAT's why I only got a toilet brush for Valentine's Day. I see how you are[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]
As long as I get a ride once in a while - I'm good[8D]
(and I am the ONLY one who gets a ride...)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Oh yeah. The kids are okay with me, of course!
Seriously though, everyone should know how truly happy & excited I am for you - that you are doing all the things you wanted to to this bike. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
ohhh, isn't that cute. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

Hey WW, wasn't it you that just 2 years ago, kept your Warrior stock the longest of all of us. You were more concerned with putting tons of miles on the bike. Now, look at you go! WTG, I'm jealous.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Oly I have to agree! I am actually happy I dont have to have the engine ripped apart for new pistons, a new pulley and checking on getting ported and polished. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Plus I need to do something to keep up with any of the other guys I might run into [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
WW you better hold on to that little lady, she is a keeper. My wife cried because I spent $1100.00, what she doesn't no is that I am planning to spend another $925.00 for cams, you can't have new pistons with out a new cam. Can I get an amen!

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'll let you know tomorrow. I'm supposed to get my bike back tonight. SS kit and 31 tooth pulley. There is no way this stuff would have been done without the rcall. Due to the recall, my dealer gave me a bitch'n deal on the SS kit and of course the labor savings. I'm paying $2,000.00 for an upgrade that would have cost me $4,000.00 otherwise. My bike has been parked for ~30 days, so I guess it's an OK trade-off in the end if my bike comes back as clean as when I delivered it and runs great tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
quote:Originally posted by WaWarriorsLass

Seriously though, everyone should know how truly happy & excited I am for you - that you are doing all the things you wanted to to this bike. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

do you have a sister?[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]
quote:WW you better hold on to that little lady, she is a keeper. My wife cried because I spent $1100.00, what she doesn't no is that I am planning to spend another $925.00 for cams, you can't have new pistons with out a new cam. Can I get an amen!

AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN....in case you were wondering preacherman, that's a sevenfold amen! it should be familiar!

·
Registered
33 Posts

I think your talking to yourself here.. that just sounds like way to much encouragement from a wife.. /emoticons/emotion-5.gif

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sorry Torque, no sister - I do have a brother though. Although he is married...
Boostable - I have said it to him a lot. Ask him, he knows it's true. Plus, I get to ride with him on it a lot[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
1,078 Posts

Sorry Torque, no sister - I do have a brother though. Although he is married...
Boostable - I have said it to him a lot. Ask him, he knows it's true. Plus, I get to ride with him on it a lot[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

ahem, in my most manly voice...just kidding around here...wife and i've been married (happily) more than 22 years...i'm definitely not interested in your brother..unless he's a good motorcycle mechanic!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
My wife's the same way. Do what ever you want to it, spend what ever, but you can't give anybody a ride but me. Must be a chick thing.

NOS Dennis? I think I know how you were going to let me find out about that one. You better add a chain kit to that list.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Check out my post on my recall/S* work completed yesterday. http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13810

1 - 19 of 19 Posts