RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I couldn’t come up with a better title so this it.
I got my warrior back today from the Yamaha shop. New starter motor installed. Grease and oil change, including spark plugs.
Questions came up with the damaged hypercharger and I deflected that back to the people sold it to me. So no mention that the bike had gone down. I knew the hypercharger had to be replaced. While it was in the shop I decided to get a cone air filter. I’ll probably change the cone over to a K&N filter. I also decided to put boards on and get rid of the el cheapo foot pegs. It brakes my heart to see the dints in the tank. What I’d like to do is one thing, being able to afford it is another. Hopefully in the next week the brake pads will arrive as the front ones are a bit chatty. All up it cost me $350 for the service ( starter was under warranty ). Thanks to the starter motor I now have only $230 worth of electrical I can claim on warranty. I know that the Yamaha shop is in Australia, but I’d like to shout out to Team Moto Yamaha Maroochydore. Brad Kamp, Service Manager. Oh and it was so strange riding her from the shop, but it didn’t take long to get the feeling back.
P/S even after all this time still no apology with regards to crashing the Warrior.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Stryder,
Good news indeed! I am happy for you that it all worked out and my offer still stands on the tank should you decide to change your mind. Ride safe and congrats!!
Rg

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just in time for riding season too!

Curious, I am not aware of any Yamaha cap on warranty repairs. Wassup with that?
[/
Just in time for riding season too!

Curious, I am not aware of any Yamaha cap on warranty repairs. Wassup with that?
Hey AZ, naturally the manufacturer warranty has expired however, Team Moto offer a warranty 1,2 or 3 years. Each warranty covers things broken down eg motor, electrical etc. each year has a value on these items. The 3 year has the greatest value so I chose that one. Even though the warranty has cost me $1,500AU, I’ve already come out a head. I figured at the time that because I had no experience with the Warrior and that I don’t have access to a workshop anymore it was a good way to go.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stryder,
Good news indeed! I am happy for you that it all worked out and my offer still stands on the tank should you decide to change your mind. Ride safe and congrats!!
Rg
Hey Brother it’s not a matter of not wanting the tank, i do I do. However my walking on water days are behind me so shipping is the only way, but it’s just down to the dollars??

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad it is coming together. Still kinda upset about your "friend" tho.
Your upset lol. Having just got the bike back and seeing the damage on the tank and hypercharger my emotions have amped up again. Seeing how I get a buzz out of banging my head against the wall, I think I’ll put aside a couple of hours so I can get that buzz again ???

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just don’t believe it. I go out to start the bike and nothing. Lights flash on fuel pump kicks in nothing. I turn the key off except the ignition won’t turn off even with the key out.
I get 2 codes E_1 & E_2. I check through the manual and it says a lot of things which make no sense to me. Because more people have been put off the service dept won’t be open until Thursday. Not a happy camper.

·
Administrator
28,201 Posts
I just don’t believe it. I go out to start the bike and nothing. Lights flash on fuel pump kicks in nothing. I turn the key off except the ignition won’t turn off even with the key out.
I get 2 codes E_1 & E_2. I check through the manual and it says a lot of things which make no sense to me. Because more people have been put off the service dept won’t be open until Thursday. Not a happy camper.
What exactly are you observing when you say you turn the key off but the ignition stays on.

Additionally, is the bike in neutral and on the kick stand.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[Update]
One of the salesmen was coming to pick the bike up and take it back for tomorrow. I was wheeling the bike out getting it ready. You know one of those flashes you get, but you don’t know where from. Well I got one of those so I put the bike in gear and started to push and pull. I did that until my back gave out so I sat on the bike put the key in. She started straight away. Now I know you do that sometimes when the starter motor hasn't returned To its resting spot. I didn’t think of it earlier as it’s a brand new starter motor. I called the shop and they called the salesman so it wasn’t a wasted trip.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey AZ, odd is not the word/s I used. A friend of mine is selling his 06 model and he was trying to talk me into buying it as it’s only got 12,000 k’s on the clock lol. I said if money wasn’t a problem I’d buy his and scrap mine for parts. When it wouldn’t start and came up with those error codes I decided to have a look at the log book I keep for the bike. In the 5 and a bit months I’ve had the bike I have only had it for 3 weeks where nothing went wrong. The 3 year extended warranty ( this is broken down to costs on particular items like $2,500 for engine $1,230 for electrical’s, 7 days a loan bike. I’ve exhausted two of these. Electrical's and loan bike.) so for the rest of the 3 years any electrical’s will have to be paid by me, sad and crazy at the same time. This bike is not an old Harley or Triumph, this is Japanese technology and the bike only has 30k’s in it. Is the warrior haunted or do gremlins live in it. All I want to do is ride the **** thing. So now on a different slant. I replace the damaged hypercharger and put a spike on for the time being. Whilst doing that my eye line is such that I can see the damage on the tank ( anger levels are back up ). I put boards on mainly because I can’t get the original footpegs. Got an led globe which blinded me for about 10 after testing to see if it would work lol. Man if only I could afford Infidels great off for a tank. So she is running again so I suppose I should be grateful for that.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Stryder remember you bought a used machine. These bikes are usually pretty stout and what goes wrong are usually pretty simple fixes. I bought my second Warrior for $2,500 because she was a lil down on power, slow to start and had an error code. I knew of their toughness and figured I could figure it out. Got it home and discovered that it no map loaded onto the PC3, there was a vacuum leak on one of the K&N's, plugs were trashed, and 1 coil wire was not/could stay connected. Fixed all that and back to a beast as I knew she could be. Just remember she might have had a tough life before you.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Smurf, yes I know she is a second hand vehicle. After getting rid of the Harley because it was a money pit, getting metric with so many dramas leave me bewildered. I paid $10,000AU plus $1,500 for the extended warranty. Like many here that are ex service and damaged from that service, the mind is never in a good place. No sympathy, just the way it is ??

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Stryder,

There might be just one or two minor things wrong with her. Don't give up and don't listen to the stealers. If you have warranty, then use it. If not use the forum. My apology as I have not been in contact, will PM you my mobile, but current time is a bit challenging so response will most likely be delayed.

Dutch

1 - 16 of 16 Posts