RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been on the road for 10 days so far and it's been awesome. My wife has gotten the riding experience in the last ten days what some people take years to get. She has improved dramatically since we started. Her apprehension of cornering had lessened by the time we finished Glacier national park and was gone by the end of the beartooth pass (climb to 10k feet and get 133 switchbacks. We've ridden rain, sun, dark, the crowds of Sturgis and surrounding areas. We've come around corners and seen deer, elk, moose and even came around a corner and had a herd of buffalo in the road. More to come.

If you like to ride, refuse to die until you have done the beartooth. It makes owning a bike a completely new experience. Ride it fast or slow, it's breathtaking at worst

To look at other photos, go here (I'll add more to this later)
http://roadrider.org/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=12

Warriors in Glacier

Smoke from Glacier fire

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Quite a road trip. Glacier National Park, Yellwostone Park, Teton Park, I don't think you can find a better ride anywhere.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A little more on the ride. We traveled some really nice roads for bikes. The beartooth is a must ride for anybody on two wheels. One of the most awesome rides I've ever taken is leaving Dillon Montana and heading for Stanley Idaho, via Wisdom and Salmon. You follow the Salmon river most of the day and the ride absolutely rocks! If anybody is looking for an entire day where the riding is awesome, this would be it. Also, coming out of Stanley Idaho and heading toward Boise, you can take Lowman pass. It is highly unlikely that you can find more twists and turns in a single stretch of road anywhere. I'm surprised the sports bike riders aren't trailering their bikes there from everywhere in the country.
Here's a piece of Lowman

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Okay, I'm jealous. Nice ride, and am tucking away the road recommendations for future reference, From Ioway, Idaho and Montana sound like a more fun haul than bustin' it to the dragon. I've done the beartooths in the jeep, but not (yet) on the warrior.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I rode from Darby, MT over the continental divide to Salmon, ID and then to Stanley this spring. You are right, it is a great ride. The road follows the Salmon River and twists the whole way. I've driven a car from Stanley to Lowman and Boise, but have not riden that stretch since I kept going south over Galena Summit, another great stretch. I'll be riding that route again over Labor Day. I'm looking forward to it.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Do you have a route that you could post? My girlfriend and I are trailering our bikes to CA (moving her daughter) and riding back to CO after riding up the Pacific coast. I think you've given me some excellent ideas!!
Is the road to/through Lowman dirt?

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no dirt on Lowman but you can mapquest it (Lowman Idaho. If that's not gonna work for you, post again and I'll look up the roads

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
quote:Originally posted by fcwarrior

Do you have a route that you could post? My girlfriend and I are trailering our bikes to CA (moving her daughter) and riding back to CO after riding up the Pacific coast. I think you've given me some excellent ideas!!
Is the road to/through Lowman dirt?

I've also riden through Lowman, ID. You will follow the Lochsa River. Make sure you gas up at the two pump gas station at Lowman. There is a sign as you come to the station when heading east indicateing no fuel for 88 miles. Great ride.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Washingtonwarrior

no dirt on Lowman but you can mapquest it (Lowman Idaho. If that's not gonna work for you, post again and I'll look up the roads

Looks like 380 miles from Dillon to Boise on the 93, 75 and 21 HiWays
Thanks so much for the tip. Now I just need to plan the other 1500 miles!! Life is just so tough:}

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Man that looks like you had a blast some awsome pics only had a chance to see some of them but now i know where else i have to ride Thanx for sharing [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts