RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a 50 mile run to the meeting point my bike ran great .Igot to the last light to turn in she got sick .I smelled gas,lightblue smoke and would barely idle.So I go to service they looked at it did a few adjustment, test run and did the same.They said "We unhook the pc111 did test run and it ran good with no poping and cracking " service dept saidI've got a bad pc111 is this possible a bad pc111. Just want a second opinion service dept is top notch bunch of guys does the pc111 only last 4 seasons .

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I had a problem once that I thought was caused by the PCIII. I called their tech support and I was assured that very few of them ever go bad. What usually happens is that the frimware gets screwed up. Simply reflash it with a file you can download from their site along with the instructions on how to do it. You will need the latest version software. Also, if your unit is four years old (like mine was) and the firmware was never updated you may not be able to do it as the new firmware will not recognize really old versions. But, no sweat, I sent mine back to them and they reflashed it at no cost. BTW the problem that started that was not in the PCIII. Give them a call, really good vendor.

-Carmine

·
Registered
21 Posts
If it works without the PCIII thenyou probably have a faulty unit. I would test it for my self to verify that it does what they are saying, maybe get into it and check your map also. As far as how long it lasts I don't know, but from my experience working on electronic equipment some seem to last longer than others. Environmental conditions can shorten the life (heat, moisture,etc.), changes in component manufacturers, and more can have an affect on how each individual unit will last.

·
Administrator
30,070 Posts
Do you happen to have a laptop? The software is online on the power commander website, free download, and there are alsohow-to screens to show you what to do. The little PC3-to-USB cable came with the PC3. Maybe it'll fix it, but if it doesn't then check your PC's ground wire and the wire at your TPS (right side) between the jugs. Otherwise your PC3 is okay and it was something else. Maybe they wanted you to tell them to throw away your PC3 so they could grab it from the trash can

1 - 4 of 4 Posts