RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Can you message me more info about the build or can you call me. I will be starting the same project soon.
What questions do you have? I more than happy to give you tips and information on how I did it. I’m still working on mine and trying to improve it all the time.

·
Premium Member
7,763 Posts
can you post some pics of eh windshield? Am I just seeing double or is that a double layered windshield?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
can you post some pics of eh windshield? Am I just seeing double or is that a double layered windshield?
The windshield is called a wave windshield. It’s a 8” tall. I’ll post a pic of it later tonight. It’s supposed to make the wind go up and out.

·
Premium Member
7,763 Posts
I have a 10" Harley wind splitter windshield on my street glide which seems similar to the wave and I still get some buffeting. It just looked like your windshield in the pictures had an extra layer to it something like you can get for the Yamaha Warrior wind shield or that some of the BMW's have. It will be interesting to get your impression of what type of turbulence or buffeting you get with your windshield. I am going to experiment with making some dual layered windshields this summer starting maybe with a 6" stock style windshield and then adding a smaller layered windshield to it to see what it does. here is a pic of my wind splitter

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
I have a 10" Harley wind splitter windshield on my street glide which seems similar to the wave and I still get some buffeting. It just looked like your windshield in the pictures had an extra layer to it something like you can get for the Yamaha Warrior wind shield or that some of the BMW's have. It will be interesting to get your impression of what type of turbulence or buffeting you get with your windshield. I am going to experiment with making some dual layered windshields this summer starting maybe with a 6" stock style windshield and then adding a smaller layered windshield to it to see what it does. here is a pic of my wind splitter
Madstad makes some nice secondary windshields for the Harley's. Nice looking Street Glide Christo. I just added extended saddlebags to my Road Glide. Looking to get the lowers like you have by next winter. I think you could adapt a Madstad shield to about any windshield the way they mount. But i am sure you could come up with something nicer.

·
Premium Member
7,763 Posts
Madstad makes some nice secondary windshields for the Harley's. Nice looking Street Glide Christo. I just added extended saddlebags to my Road Glide. Looking to get the lowers like you have by next winter. I think you could adapt a Madstad shield to about any windshield the way they mount. But i am sure you could come up with something nicer.
Thanks for the info Gilly. I just checked their site and that is exactly what i was thinking of doing but i may just buy one of theirs so I can concentrate on my other bikes in the works. I am going to go the extended saddlebag route this winter as I used to make them back in the day and still have the plugs. I want to extend mine 4 inches down and 4 inches back and then use some rounded covers that i also make. I also make the fender and have fillers that i make so that the bags and fender all look like one piece. I also want to do the extended side covers but I am going to make them so that I can keep my chrome saddlebag guards. I will have to wait a bit for the windshield as I just blew a pile on a 4 channel 200 watt RMS amplifier. new fairing speakers, lower mounted sub woofers and a tweeter pod that sits just below the windshield. Should give me excellent sound quality. The lower sub woofers have a mounting system that aims the speakers at the driver.

sorry did not mean to hijack the thread however the windshields that Gilly mentioned are well worth looking into

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
It looks like it bleeds-off turbulence to the sides? Cool. Maybe a couple of front angle pics and one from the saddle straight-up?
Here is a couple of the pics. I had a sticker antenna on it for a little bit, and didn’t like it at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
I only feel some turbulence when I’m cruising around 75(+). As for buffering, it’s really not to bad. I wanted to get something bigger, but I feel like it would cancel all the wind, but I may experiment with it later on. How much room do you have in those saddlebags? I have some temporary ones on there now and want something bigger and permanent. Could you tell me the dimensions of them?

·
Premium Member
7,763 Posts
I only feel some turbulence when I’m cruising around 75(+). As for buffering, it’s really not to bad. I wanted to get something bigger, but I feel like it would cancel all the wind, but I may experiment with it later on. How much room do you have in those saddlebags? I have some temporary ones on there now and want something bigger and permanent. Could you tell me the dimensions of them?
thanks for the info. It looks very similar to the harley Wind splitter but probably a lot cheaper. I just ordered the Madstad windshield that Gilly mentioned and will see how it works.

With respect to the saddlebags they are stock Harley saddlebags. I have never measured them but will have a look for you

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
thanks for the info. It looks very similar to the harley Wind splitter but probably a lot cheaper. I just ordered the Madstad windshield that Gilly mentioned and will see how it works.

With respect to the saddlebags they are stock Harley saddlebags. I have never measured them but will have a look for you
I appreciate it. I’m trying to look at different options. I think my wind screen cost around 35.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thought I would post some updates for everyone. After having a newborn baby and helping my dad with his bike, It’s time for paint! I’m tired of having a bike with 3 colors. Lol. It took me a good amount of time to pick the color, but I finally decided on navy metallic blue. I also got the shop cleaned up a little bit so I can start the break down.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
Your bike looks good, nice work putting it together. I am going to start turning my friends 04 warrior into a bagger. He is using a harley batwing with 4 speakers and harley hard bags. We will be starting it when the weather starts getting cooler. I'll post some pic's of it when we finish. I hope it looks as good as yours when it's done.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Your bike looks good, nice work putting it together. I am going to start turning my friends 04 warrior into a bagger. He is using a harley batwing with 4 speakers and harley hard bags. We will be starting it when the weather starts getting cooler. I'll post some pic's of it when we finish. I hope it looks as good as yours when it's done.
Thanks! I’ve been working extremely hard on this. You will have to make a bracket to hold two speakers in the middle for the speedo and tach hole if your going the same route as I did. If you need some help, let me know. I’ll give as much help as I can. I really want to see the Harley bags on it.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts