RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my V-Bak install today! Took the bike for a short rip around town and I'm liking it so far. Butt dyno says there is more pull and there is a distinct sucking sound now coming from under the tank
Took about 3 hours to do the install including the taking of lots of pictures and notes. Hoping to put together a printable install guide with pics since it seems like a lot of people (myself included) are a little daunted by this install. Surprisingly it's pretty easy, and the bike even started when I was done!

Churchkeys kit is first rate, comes with everything you need except for the beer for when it's all over!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
670 Posts
Good to know. Although I am mechanicaly inclined and I have no problem taking stuff apart, I still appreciate detailed instructions. I will look forward to those. I plan on buying a VBAK at some point when the money is there.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
29,664 Posts
I havelay-out software and profesional adobe pdf maker software and don't mind helping if you do the rough-lay-out and spell most of the words right!


NorCalWarrior said:
. . . Hoping to put together a printable install guide with pics since it seems like a lot of people (myself included) are a little daunted by this install. Surprisingly it's pretty easy, and the bike even started when I was done! Churchkeys kit is first rate, comes with everything you need except for the beer for when it's all over!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Arizona Warrior said:
I havelay-out software and profesional adobe pdf maker software and don't mind helping if you do the rough-lay-out and spell most of the words right!


NorCalWarrior said:
. . . Hoping to put together a printable install guide with pics since it seems like a lot of people (myself included) are a little daunted by this install. Surprisingly it's pretty easy, and the bike even started when I was done! Churchkeys kit is first rate, comes with everything you need except for the beer for when it's all over!
Funny your should bring this up because actually, I did it Monday at work - it's a slow week. I put it all together in powerpoint then saved it as a PDF to reduce the file size and put it in a format that most everyone should be able to open. Now what the heck do I do with it? I don't think I can post it to the site (it's about 3.5MB in size). The only way I can see to share it is via email, but mostly I just want to get the word out that an install guide with pics is now available. PM me your email and I can shoot you a copy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
Thanks for doing this. There are much larger files hosted under the "Downloads" tab. Maybe you could e-mail the file to CarKnee or one of the moderators and ask them to post it up. I know I'll need it at some point, and may not remember that you have it. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,597 Posts
I'd appreciate a copy too. I'm just waiting until I have the cash sitting around, so that I can do the BAK and bolt something nice on the right side to cover the remaining exposed wires and stuff. When I get around to doing the BAK, I know I'll appreciate some step-by-step instructions.

I'll send a PM. Thank you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: The sweet sound of suck: V-BAK Install Instructions

CalWarrior said:
Thanks for doing this. There are much larger files hosted under the "Downloads" tab. Maybe you could e-mail the file to CarKnee or one of the moderators and ask them to post it up. I know I'll need it at some point, and may not remember that you have it. Thanks.
Good idea, I've never visited the downloads section but that looks like the place for it, I PM'd carknee to see about getting it posted there.

Until it's up if anybody wants a copy PM me with your email and I'll shoot you a copy ASAP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
999 Posts
Re: The sweet sound of suck: V-BAK Install Instructions

E-mail received. They are great instructions, with very good pix. Thank you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
452 Posts
E-mail rec'd, Thanks! Everything looks great and easy to understand. One question though, your directions and photos don't show where and when the small fiter is used. I'm don't trust myself to assume. Thanks for the quick reply. Again, nice job!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,351 Posts
You gotta love that sound.I have harley rides pull up to me at stop lights all the time and just look trying to figure it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,686 Posts
slngshott said:
You gotta love that sound.I have harley rides pull up to me at stop lights all the time and just look trying to figure it out.

When they ask what kind of bike it is tell them it's a Hoover!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rocketino said:
E-mail rec'd, Thanks! Everything looks great and easy to understand. One question though, your directions and photos don't show where and when the small fiter is used. I'm don't trust myself to assume. Thanks for the quick reply. Again, nice job!


Roger-

Your the first person to have pointed that out. Good catch. Not sure how I managed to miss that
. At this point I can only comment on late model bikes (mines a 2007), and this is purely from memory, but in step 11 of my instructions you disconnect a tube from the LCV assembly. This is the tube that the small round un-oiled filter connects to. Again refer to Churchkeys written instructions and if their is any conflict between what i just said and what his instructions say - follow his. Next Time I have my tank off I'll have to snap a pic and update the directions.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top